Broxburn Athletic

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

Looking ahead to Deverondale, weather looks very rainy. 5 days of constant rain before hand then it gets heavier on match day. I hope if they do call it off then do so before everyone starts heading up. But then the weather forecast are never right lol

Literally the day I fly off on a long awaited holiday... gutted that I'll miss that wee roadtrip.

Actually had a wee driving/sightseeing trip up that way a couple of weeks back and drove right by the ground... looks really decent, really impressive main stand. Hopefully the weather sorts itself out before the game... other than main stand, while picturesque, the rest is a wee bit exposed!

Victory today by the odd goal in 7... to go 7 points clear at the top. 4-3 doesn't really do the lads justice with 3 very avoidable goals making the game look closer than it was!

First 2, Bob Watt will be gutted to have conceded, both seemed very soft... but fair play to the lad for his penalty save which really did prove crucial at the time! Their 3rd was really a lapse in concentration after a baffling refereeing decision to give Vale the restart after a stop for an injury when the ball was in our keeper's hands!

But at the other end, Broxburn were very good. The cross and header for our 2nd to go in front were excellent... and Ross Nimmo's goal... the crossfield ball to him! The first touch! The turn of pace! The stretch to get it beyond the keeper! I'm still applauding it now - great goal and a very deserved man of the match for him.

Hopefully take the goalscoring form up to the highlands next week.

Their third goal was all down to the referee.  I hope Shegs injury isn't a bad one. Speedy recovery. When he went down injured in his own half, the ref played on for quite a while and stopped it just outside our box. On the restart it looked like he told our player he couldn't go in for the restart, so their player could just set up the goal! Luckily it wasn't costly. 

As there was no Brechin game yesterday , I went to along to watch the game with my son and his pal. It was well worth the £8 entry fee. Both teams could have scored a few more to be honest. 

Broxburn are a good side going forward, Nimmo was quite rightly man of the match, he was the standout player. I also thought the captain (Turner?) was decent. 
I think you have a very good chance of beating Deveronvale next week, hopefully to play Brechin in the next round. 

The steak, haggis and peppercorn sauce pies were absolutely tremendous, as was being able to get a beer at half time. Won’t be my last trip to Albyn Park, that’s for sure!

11 hours ago, albynpark said:

Their third goal was all down to the referee.  I hope Shegs injury isn't a bad one. Speedy recovery. When he went down injured in his own half, the ref played on for quite a while and stopped it just outside our box. On the restart it looked like he told our player he couldn't go in for the restart, so their player could just set up the goal! Luckily it wasn't costly. 

The ref totally handled it badly. Hope the lad is ok... looked pretty uncomfortable as he went off. Ref let play go on far too long, and without looking at the passage of play stopped it right as they took the shot... then handed the ball back too them to restart. It was infuriating!

But as you say, not costly... the lads had done enough earlier. Phew!

3 hours ago, city_gord said:

As there was no Brechin game yesterday , I went to along to watch the game with my son and his pal. It was well worth the £8 entry fee. Both teams could have scored a few more to be honest. 

Broxburn are a good side going forward, Nimmo was quite rightly man of the match, he was the standout player. I also thought the captain (Turner?) was decent. 
I think you have a very good chance of beating Deveronvale next week, hopefully to play Brechin in the next round. 

The steak, haggis and peppercorn sauce pies were absolutely tremendous, as was being able to get a beer at half time. Won’t be my last trip to Albyn Park, that’s for sure!

No one has lived until they've tried one of these pies! Me and the wife savour one (at least) each every week. 

Glad you guys enjoyed getting along... plenty of action to keep it an interesting game!

11 hours ago, albynpark said:

Can't comment on what led to the restart but having seen your goal footage on youtube the referee did nothing wrong - drop balls are no longer contested, players must be 4 metres away, and it was more like 30 yards out so you can't blame the ref for your poor defence at two headers. 

• 2 weeks later...

5-0. So good to mainly get the 3 points but also give a bit of confidence to the players coming back from injury or been sitting waiting for a chance.   Errol back with 2, Nick Locke scoring a cracker. Brilliant

Next league game is bottom of the table Kinnoull so hopeful of getting more points and keeping it going. 

Hard watch tonight. played well in places but need to be much more clinical. Should have made it 3-0 and lo and behold a couple of minutes later it was 2-1.

Many changes from Saturday I know and got the job done so can’t complain too much.

Thought Bathgate were decent with plenty of energy. Scored a cracking free kick too.

Onto Saturday for more league business 

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Broxburn are doing well while @Jordi1977 is away on holiday. Hmm.... :rolleyes: 

Pie sales must be down though :lol:

In fairness... this season they were doing pretty well before the holiday too 😉 I'm no such a curse this season!!

The missus is definitely missing her pies, though!

• 2 weeks later...

Broxburn 3 Auchinleck 0. Didn't expect that result today. I thought it would of been tighter. Well done everyone.

And best of luck to Auchinleck for the rest of the season, without a shadow of doubt the best fans we've had here for a few years.

Tremendous result and performance today.

No doubt Auchinleck are in a bit of transition, but had been on a really good run recently. But Broxburn dominated the play, really kept them at arms length and scored 3 great goals. Game was over at 2-0 when they went a man down for a silly challenge. 

After third goal went in, Broxburn dropped to 2nd gear, kept the ball well and just managed the game to the end. Everyone turned up and performed today.

6 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

How's Errol Douglas getting on with you guys ?? Cracking player for us but disappeared when Barry Ferguson took charge like so many others , you guys are flying at the moment 👏🏼👏🏼

2 goals for him today! Been unlucky with a few niggling wee injuries this season and often played out of position last season out of necessity! But when he gets a run of games up front, he is excellent, a proper handful for defences and on his day he can make it look quite easy.

13 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

2 goals for him today! Been unlucky with a few niggling wee injuries this season and often played out of position last season out of necessity! But when he gets a run of games up front, he is excellent, a proper handful for defences and on his day he can make it look quite easy.

To be fair he was payed at CH for us a good few times and didn't look out of place but could sniff a goal out , glad he's doing well 👌🏼

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

To be fair he was payed at CH for us a good few times and didn't look out of place but could sniff a goal out , glad he's doing well 👌🏼

First time I saw him at CH, just as he gets that bit more time on the ball, could really see his quality - was pinging crossfield balls accurately all over the place.  But I always feel a bit more confident going into a game if I see him starting up front.

5 hours ago, Kelheart said:

How's Errol Douglas getting on with you guys ?? Cracking player for us but disappeared when Barry Ferguson took charge like so many others , you guys are flying at the moment 👏🏼👏🏼

First six months was seriously unimpressed. But the change in management seems to have galvanised him. Become a real goal machine since February and probably kept us up last season. This year him and the other striker have formed a fearsome combination 🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱

On 18/11/2023 at 16:57, Jordi1977 said:

Tremendous result and performance today.

No doubt Auchinleck are in a bit of transition, but had been on a really good run recently. But Broxburn dominated the play, really kept them at arms length and scored 3 great goals. Game was over at 2-0 when they went a man down for a silly challenge. 

After third goal went in, Broxburn dropped to 2nd gear, kept the ball well and just managed the game to the end. Everyone turned up and performed today.

Only good thing I got from today was the fact that Broxburn didn't score more because we have been poor all season. Your correct about the transition as we had players playing out of position and they played like players playing out of position. We have been ghosting it this season with results but last Wednesday we were pummelled by Largs and won 1-0. Nobody in the Talbot contingent could believe the same team was put out against the East Coast league leaders.

Before the game I mentioned your number nine looked a real unit and to be honest he could have scored another three goals. But when your centre back is playing right back then the guy has the right to have all the room in the world. We had to replace 9 players at the beginning of the season, and it shows.

Anyway best team won and best of luck on your quest for the LL.