The Queen of the South thread

Do people just fire out random names they hope to sign, without actually having a clue if they're;

A - Available
B - Fit

In the case of Bob Harris and Danny Carmichael the players are known to the club and there situation is fairly well known. They are also players in positions that we could maybe do with strength in depth. For example durnan has been mentioned and although well known to the club it's not an area we need to currently strengthen.

Looks like we are not signing anyoneCan we still get players on loan when the window is closed ?

Are we waiting to see if  Carmichael can get himself fit ?

Can sign him any time as he is a free agent

We can sign free agents and emergency loans.

I see Andy Murdoch has been released by Rangers, would anyone take him back?

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

We can sign free agents and emergency loans.

Yeah, the panic on deadline day by fans at this level always amazes me. It of very little relevance.

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

I see Andy Murdoch has been released by Rangers, would anyone take him back?

Not if it meant we couldnt afford a wide player. He'd be behind Millar, Jacobs and Tapping for me

If we don't sign anyone it's no big deal because we do have a very strong squad. We got dobbie after all [emoji2]

Pretty much this. We appear to have a decent squad assembled and our start shows we are capable of doing more than avoiding relegation this season. Couldn't criticise if the board said no one else would be coming in this term.

4 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

In the case of Bob Harris and Danny Carmichael the players are known to the club and there situation is fairly well known. They are also players in positions that we could maybe do with strength in depth. For example durnan has been mentioned and although well known to the club it's not an area we need to currently strengthen.

On the subject of central defence - I think it is arguably one ofthe most important areas of any team. While we appear to be well covered I would contend that we have two excellent centre backs in Dowie and Higgy but both are getting on a bit and suspensions and injuries will no doubt hurt us as the season goes on. Brownlie has done well recently but my view of Durnan is that if we secured his services now we might be signing a player that could be with us for a very long term. He has moved away - it clearly hasnt worked out and it is debatable if he will be a target for others in the future. It would also give us access to a back 3 that played very well together a couple of seasons ago. No disrespect to Brownlie but Durnan is potentially an outstanding player at this level - he enjoyed his spell here last time and would be a very progressive acquisition. All academic because he is contracted to DUFC but one to monitor if not for this season but perhaps next.

Pretty much this. We appear to have a decent squad assembled and our start shows we are capable of doing more than avoiding relegation this season. Couldn't criticise if the board said no one else would be coming in this term.

Can only speculate how much dobbie is he could be two or three squad players in terms of his wages.