The Queen of the South thread

Today is all about celebrating Stephen Dobbie and what he did for the fans and the club.

Tomorrow morning Bartley should be met at the training facility and told to go home as his contract has been terminated.

For him to stand in front of Sandra and say he was happy with a lot of what his team and tactics served up yesterday is a slap in the face for all involved with the club. The loyal travelling support and the board deserves better than that performance. Yes it was always going to be a big ask but we never for one minute looked like we were capable of getting anything.  He's happy because we didn't get thumped like Stirling did, seriously!

Get this charlatan out ASAP, his fancy talk and suave demeanour is getting us nowhere. We've gone backwards under his tenure.

14 minutes ago, bod said:

Today is all about celebrating Stephen Dobbie and what he did for the fans and the club.

Tomorrow morning Bartley should be met at the training facility and told to go home as his contract has been terminated.

For him to stand in front of Sandra and say he was happy with a lot of what his team and tactics served up yesterday is a slap in the face for all involved with the club. The loyal travelling support and the board deserves better than that performance. Yes it was always going to be a big ask but we never for one minute looked like we were capable of getting anything.  He's happy because we didn't get thumped like Stirling did, seriously!

Get this charlatan out ASAP, his fancy talk and suave demeanour is getting us nowhere. We've gone backwards under his tenure.

Ridiculous post. It was horrible yesterday. I was there. Were you? No manager is going to lose his job after losing one nil to the league leaders at their ground when they have just set a new unbeaten record. Whatever we say it looks likely MB will be here til end of the season at least unless we flirt with relegation. Let’s hope he can sign some better players in the window and set up in a more attacking shape for the rest of the season. 

8 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Ridiculous post. It was horrible yesterday. I was there. Were you? No manager is going to lose his job after losing one nil to the league leaders at their ground when they have just set a new unbeaten record. Whatever we say it looks likely MB will be here til end of the season at least unless we flirt with relegation. Let’s hope he can sign some better players in the window and set up in a more attacking shape for the rest of the season. 

I was there yesterday, it was crap. It's not just about yesterday's result/ performance it's about a list of results and performances since the start of the season. This is Marvin's squad, he's given some poor players 2 year deals, can we trust him to get it right in this window? Your constant defending of him is admirable, if misguided imo, how bad do we have to be before you open your eyes and see that change needs to be made if we are to reach the promotion play-offs, which I'm fast giving up hope of anyway. Fair do's he's had a lot of player injury problems to deal with but the fact that the majority of these injuries are picked up at training also suggests he's getting that side of things wrong too. I was happy with his appointment, as most fans were imo, but you've sometimes got to hold your hands up and admit it's just not worked out. He may be the nicest man on earth and very eloquent, but unfortunately that counts for zip if he can't get his team to at least compete and try and win games at this level. I don't think Falkirk were at their best yesterday either but that makes it even more galling that we didn't even cause them any problems. Sorry, his times up as far as I'm concerned. 

10 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Indeed. 
The lovely reassurance of one of life’s certainties a home defeat to Alloa. Death, taxes and all that……

^^^ This, but you forgot to include Accies in there too ...

56 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

It was horrible yesterday. I was there. Were you?

Really? I'm not sure Bartley was there given he thought 0 shots on target was an acceptable performance. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's clearly delighted with what unfolded yesterday.

Well, he basically admitted in the interview that he went into the game with absolutely no intention of trying to win it.  I expect he drummed that message home all week in training, so he's clearly pleased that the players followed his instructions for once.  But the way Bartley talks yesterday's game was the equivalent of a match up between, say, Bayern Munich and Wigtown & Bladnoch (with no disrespect meant to either Falkirk or Wigtown).  What he expected to achieve from such a negative psychological approach is anyone's guess, other than avoiding a hammering.

8 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Well, he basically admitted in the interview that he went into the game with absolutely no intention of trying to win it.  I expect he drummed that message home all week in training, so he's clearly pleased that the players followed his instructions for once.  But the way Bartley talks yesterday's game was the equivalent of a match up between, say, Bayern Munich and Wigtown & Bladnoch (with no disrespect meant to either Falkirk or Wigtown).  What he expected to achieve from such a negative psychological approach is anyone's guess, other than avoiding a hammering.

I think avoiding a hammering is precisely what he hoped to achieve yesterday, hence his upbeat tone in the interview.  

Again, I think it's all about his own self preservation.  It's certainly got nothing to do with the poor sods who travelled to watch it.

30 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

But the way Bartley talks yesterday's game was the equivalent of a match up between, say, Bayern Munich and Wigtown & Bladnoch

Someone's said Bairnabeau and he's got confused IMO. 

53 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Indeed. 
The lovely reassurance of one of life’s certainties a home defeat to Alloa. Death, taxes and all that……

I can’t believe it but I’m taking along an Austrian friend who lives in the States to the Alloa game. He insisted due to my misplaced zeal. I agree surer than death or taxis is the inevitable loss to Alloa! 

Please allow me to be the first to wish you a Happy Anniversary for tomorrow!

Sorry guys, you must be hurting.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/marvin-bartley-appointed-as-new-manager-of-queen-of-the-south

Edit:

This was my prediction for the final league placings this season. He fooled me an aw.

1. Falkirk

2. QoTS

3. Hamilton

4. Cove

5. Stirling

6. Alloa

7. Montrose

8. Kelty

9. Annan 

10. Edinburgh

This has to be our season to go up because simply, we can't afford not to. No promotion and we’ll have to go part-time and that has to be avoided at all costs.

🤞

Edited August 2, 2023 by Bairn in Exile

Edited by Bairn in Exile

31 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I can’t believe it but I’m taking along an Austrian friend who lives in the States to the Alloa game. He insisted due to my misplaced zeal. I agree, surer than death or taxis* is the inevitable loss to Alloa, and my continued defending Marvin. 

FTFY.

*And taxis aren't always that reliable either. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Well I have blanked out yesterday today is about celebrating one of the best players ever to wear the Queens shirt , is goalscoring was just part of it ,his skill was unbelievable his assist at Dundee Utd was out of this world for Dykes to score .He always gave 100 percent for us .It was a pleasure to watch Dobbie in a Queens shirt and when he resigned it was like all our Christmas had came and first time was good but how good was he second time àround .So forget all the doom and celebrate  Sir Stephen,  as we won't see his like again. This love will last forever 

It is a massive blow to have Reilly out for a few weeks yet another added to our long injury list .

Our only real goal threat has gone no way Doherty or Hutchinson will step up both are on the Marv list of very poor signing yet have 2 year deals.

Marv going to add to the squad no doubt it will be boys on loan with no experience.

54 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Queens have taken 10 points from their last 10 league games at Palmerston which is the same number of points as Alloa have taken in their last 5 games at Palmerston.

I thought it was more than that.

3 hours ago, printer said:

Never mind lads, you've got us at Palmerston next Saturday. What could possibly go wrong?

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse - we have the Wasps at home for our twice yearly pumping............GREAT