The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Copy cat 😉

Another 2 year deal...

You just know there’s no chance he’ll get sacked as well if he is shite due to the relationship with our director.

3 minutes ago, CrispyMelon said:

Has Gibson returned to Queens with Murphy? Otherwise I reckon he’d be in with a shot of the job at Annan

Think he's a stick-on for the Annan job.  Probably burnt too many bridges to return to Palmerston , although never say never in football.

7 minutes ago, CrispyMelon said:

Has Gibson returned to Queens with Murphy? Otherwise I reckon he’d be in with a shot of the job at Annan

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Think he's a stick-on for the Annan job.  Probably burnt too many bridges to return to Palmerston , although never say never in football.

^^^ This.

9 minutes ago, CrispyMelon said:

Would be buzzing if he came back as a player, but sadly no chance.

9 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

You just know there’s no chance he’ll get sacked as well if he is shite due to the relationship with our director.

Not really getting the thinking behind this idea tbqh. Results will (should) be the only criteria if he keeps his job or not, I doubt friendship will come into it.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not really getting the thinking behind this idea tbqh. Results will (should) be the only criteria if he keeps his job or not, I doubt friendship will come into it.

It obviously shouldn't, but of course an existing personal relationship will help Murphy.

17 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Dave Cormack sacked Stephen Glass at Aberdeen with a very similar close family/friends relationship after that turned to disaster. 

Murphy has a far stronger track record to point to as well. The relationship will have helped him but it's not like it's the only reason we've gone for him

2 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

It obviously shouldn't, but of course an existing personal relationship will help Murphy.

The friendship probably helped him get the job but I would hope his Director pal is honest and brave enough to take the big decision if Murphy proves to be a flop.

2 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Dave Cormack sacked Stephen Glass at Aberdeen with a very similar close family/friends relationship after that turned to disaster. 

Murphy has a far stronger track record to point to as well. The relationship will have helped him but it's not like it's the only reason we've gone for him

I’m not suggesting that. What I’m saying is if Murphy is struggling during his contract he’s likely to get more patience than any other manager due to his existing relationship. And did Cormack not do a mad radio interview defending Glass when he was under pressure at the time?

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Given his focus of Goss I really wouldn't be surprised to see him return. Though I thought he had an apprenticeship now (or had qualified)? Be mental to chuck it to go FT with us. Can't say I'd be too keen either. 

Luissant has looked ok at times but seems to go missing for long spells as well. I'd actually be happy to get Gibson back :lol:

Hopefully we can sign Annan better players but this is our problem a player from Annan will make more with a decent job and playing part time with them.

Hopefully our new director and eventually board will really back Murphy with a decent budget if not he has a very difficult job of trying to attract decent full time players .

It shows how broken we are as supporters the now that we're discussing the logistics of sacking our new manager, 40 minutes after he's been announced :lol:

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It shows how broken we are as supporters the now that we're discussing the logistics of sacking our new manager, 40 minutes after he's been announced :lol:

😂 A tremendous observation.

I like the instinctive fatalism of our fans.

Best of luck to Peter, fully behind him. Hopefully we've bagged a manager on an upward trajectory and we can both benefit from improvements and a return to the Championship. 

Exactly what I hoped for with the Bartley appointment of course (!)

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Apologies... 

I think he is a steady appointment though, so think we should still be aiming for the play-offs next season.

6 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Hopefully we can sign Annan better players but this is our problem a player from Annan will make more with a decent job and playing part time with them.

Hopefully our new director and eventually board will really back Murphy with a decent budget if not he has a very difficult job of trying to attract decent full time players .

Nothing to stop them staying part time

Might see the return to training in Dumfries.

Probably got his eyes on some of the Carlisle rejects released at end of season.

Benjy is almost certain to be one of the players he'll take with him.

Chapman and now Murphy moving on shows the opportunity the Annan job offers and the fact we give managers time ( never sacked an SPFL manager ( yet ! ) .

1 minute ago, the philosopher said:

Chapman and now Murphy moving on shows the opportunity the Annan job offers and the fact we give managers time ( never sacked an SPFL manager ( yet ! ) .

That's probably because there's very low expectations on Annan.