The Queen of the South thread

19 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Spoke to him a couple of weeks ago. What a fantastic guy, smart, brilliant people skills and passionate about the club. Well deserved in getting the ceo role. A really positive story for our club. 

Dan really is excellent a asset to the club .

Now to try and get footballers that are as good .

I don't expect any new signing for a few weeks but our released list should be out soon .

1 minute ago, Greenacres said:

Dan really is excellent a asset to the club .

Now to try and get footballers that are as good .

I don't expect any new signing for a few weeks but our released list should be out soon .

Not having a pop directly at you but think we need to be a bit patient. Our last game was less than 2 weeks ago, some Clubs are still playing, our new Manager hasn't been in the door a week yet, lots of players having a break and on holiday, pre-season starts in about 4 weeks or something, we're not exactly needing to rush out just for the sake of signing someone.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not having a pop directly at you but think we need to be a bit patient. Our last game was less than 2 weeks ago, some Clubs are still playing, our new Manager hasn't been in the door a week yet, lots of players having a break and on holiday, pre-season starts in about 4 weeks or something, we're not exactly needing to rush out just for the sake of signing someone.

He’s an impatient b@@tard 😀

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Mibbees aye, but there are one ot two others seemingly impatient for some signing news.

Murphy been extremely busy already and spent all day and yesterday evening at Palmerston. 

2 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Murphy been extremely busy already and spent all day and yesterday evening at Palmerston. 

Paint brush in one hand, pressure washer in the other?

It's the same every season with impatience over signings or lack thereof. I'm as guilty of it as anyone and I think it's hopefully a good sign that the changes made with the board and new manager are getting people more optimistic for the season ahead and therefore extra keen on some updates.

To be honest with the season we've just had I'm actually delighted we have been quiet this last week as it meant we havent had any playoffs to contend with! 

Who is going to sign a new contract with any team until they have explored their options. The only deals being announced are ones that have been in pipeline for a few weeks/months. Others will be keeping options open.

Players come to the end of their contract, like others do in other jobs, they don't get released, the contract has expired.

Just now, MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee said:

what can you tell us about him lads?

Just now, SLClyde said:

What can we expect?

Glad he’s away. He’s alright playing in front of the back four but he’s a horrific centre half. 

23 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

What can we expect?

Actually one of our best performers in the last couple of games imo (not a high bar I know) but can be a bit of a bombscare at times at CH. Not so bad played just in front of the defence. Has a tendency to stand and point telling other players what to do, forgetting he's supposed to be doing something himself. We've had plenty of players that look poor here but seem to be alright when they move on, he might be one like that if you're lucky. Queens need better than him if we are to improve.

37 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Glad he’s away. He’s alright playing in front of the back four but he’s a horrific centre half. 

Agree with that. His lack of positional sense cost us countless goals. Better in midfield where he caused us less harm. Not sorry to lose him

50 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Paul McKay signs for Clyde.

I take it McKay and Houston were on our released list along with the rest of the squad apart from Gibson Connelly and maybe Todd 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

I take it McKay and Houston were on our released list along with the rest of the squad apart from Gibson Connelly and maybe Todd 

McKay and Houston's contracts both expired in May 2024, so they were no longer employed by Queens and were free agents to go where they chose to go.

Same goes for Gibson, Connelly and Todd.  Up to Queens if they want to try and entice them back.

Edited by Otis Blue

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

McKay and Houston's contracts both expired in May 2024, so they were no longer employed by Queens and are free agents to go where they chose to go.

Same goes for Gibson, Connelly and Todd.  Up to Queens if they want to try and entice them back.

We seem to have this discussion every single year. As you say, their contracts are up. We haven't "released" anyone.