The Queen of the South thread

Probably not. You would think if they did, something would have been done long before now to stop the same things that have been happening since August.

In terms of late goals, we are the inverse Manchester United.

I just think it's interesting. In most managerial positions these days, people are required to study results, detect patterns and attempt to address areas of weakness.

To use our situation as an example, I just wonder if there's no real recognition of the patterns, or if so far futile attempts have actually been made to tackle what's going on.

There's always the suspicion that lots of 'football men' scoff at such approaches, preferring to trust their instincts and prejudices. I don't know if such a suspicion is unfair, either generally, or with particular regard to us, just now.

I just think it's interesting. In most managerial positions these days, people are required to study results, detect patterns and attempt to address areas of weakness.

To use our situation as an example, I just wonder if there's no real recognition of the patterns, or if so far futile attempts have actually been made to tackle what's going on.

There's always the suspicion that lots of 'football men' scoff at such approaches, preferring to trust their instincts and prejudices. I don't know if such a suspicion is unfair, either generally, or with particular regard to us, just now.

I dont think your suspicion is unfair. While would imagine that the "new breed" of managers, probably use technology and statistical analysis, I doubt the old school do.

I didn't get my stats from there. Not even sure they go into that level of detail.

Phew. Faith restored.

It's even worse when you see it in black and white, hopefully Kevin Smith returns to partner big Same soon.

Do you think these two will be a good partnership or are they to alike?

At the moment we are playing with a target man and a movement player.

Do you think these two will be a good partnership or are they to alike?

At the moment we are playing with a target man and a movement player.

Both Parkin and Smith lack pace, but that shouldn't matter too much if we have this quality elsewhere in the team (mainly Carmichael and Clark, with Reilly to come off the bench and hopefully Orsi will be back soon). I think a Smith/Parkin partnership would work well as both are clever footballers. I'd expect Smith to drop deep at times while Parkin would be the more convential target man. What we lack is a box to box central midfielder (the sort of role Willie Gibson performed so well for Falkirk against us). We have some options in wide areas, creativity through Johnston and an effective holding player in McKenna. Our nearest equivalent to the box to box player is McLaughlin, but he's quite limited. Fair enough, he has scored a few goals this season. As for Simmons, what the hell does he do?

Don't think Orsi will be back in first team squad anytime soon watched him last night in reserve match and personally don't think he is any better than what we already have in the squad.

It's only to be expected that he has some way to go to regain match fitness, but he showed real promise last season. Even if he's just available to come off the bench in the final 5 or 6 games of the season, it'd be better than nothing.

Who Is he to replace in the squad. Must say I thought young Holt looked the part last night and he never let the management down when he played in the 1st team I think he has been rather hard done to in that regard.

Holt played well, as did the number 5 Hooper don't think he missed a thing. Orsi looked really low in confidence last night, maybe just due to frustration as nothing was coming off for him, certainly hasn't lost his pace, only his second game back, be very surprised to see him play for first team this season. Wee Gavin and Smilie also played pretty well upfront. The number 8 Slattery impressed me in other games but didn't last night, but never hides unlike McShane who seems to be the Simmons of that team. The young number 2 Handling i think also played pretty well, heard it was his first game in a while also.

• 2 weeks later...

You are spot on mate, we need to win, simple as. We have a 5 and 7 point deficit against our nearest relegation rivals and games are running out . If we can't defeat Raith , at home as well, then you have to ask where these precious three points are going to come from. I am hoping for a passionate performance at least. Raith will be happy to avoid defeat and I feel they will leave with a point at least ,sealing the lid on a miserable season. TO THE PLAYERS - Come on and prove me wrong

We can't afford anything else but 3 points today . It's not going to be easy though . Let's hope for a performance similar to the one the team produced against Aberdeen in the 2nd half .

A home win & Simmons sitting on the bench will make JRSLEFTPEG's birthday complete :)

We can't afford anything else but 3 points today . It's not going to be easy though . Let's hope for a performance similar to the one the team produced against Aberdeen in the 2nd half .

A home win & Simmons sitting on the bench will make JRSLEFTPEG's birthday complete :)

There must be better than Simmons for the bench,or are the 15s playing today ? .