The Queen of the South thread

8 hours ago, RUSTY1111 said:

I was thinking this was a good phrase also. I liked the fact that Lyle was sitting with the supporters yesterday, although he'd have been a lot more effective on the pitch. Let's hope that his calf injury is not too serious.

Enjoyed the understatement, very droll.....!

Nice review, but Im going to be really pedantic and point out that the pic of Dobbie isnt from ITV. They might have used it but it came from the club

I noticed Lyndon was called Lydon in the article. Am I also being really pedantic?

Just got around to watching Sportscene there and noted no less than FIVE ex Queens keepers in Premiership action this weekend! Scott Fox and Zander Clark were in opposition in Dingwall. Jamie MacDonald played for Killie, Craig Samson for Motherwell and Robbie Thomson came on as a sub for the injured Matthews for Hamilton.

Just got around to watching Sportscene there and noted no less than FIVE ex Queens keepers in Premiership action this weekend! Scott Fox and Zander Clark were in opposition in Dingwall. Jamie MacDonald played for Killie, Craig Samson for Motherwell and Robbie Thomson came on as a sub for the injured Matthews for Hamilton.

I noticed Thomson replacing the Accies keeper in the 82nd minute and lost the equalising goal in the 93rd minute.

Like most Queens fans I really rate Danny and I would be delighted to see him back but only if he is genuinely over this injury - dont think the artificial pitch helps Danny but one could argue that Easter Road is a great grass surface and his injury record there was far worse than anything he experienced at QOS. Maybe need to structure a deal that is based on appearances - hard on Danny but to be fair we have had horrendous luck with injury prone players over past few years.