The Queen of the South thread

"Right Harry, you get out there and tell them it wasn't my fault or you're dropped!"!

Didn't he notice that Tommy Goss has about 5 inches on our defenders? You can't win headers if the ball's way above your head! Doesn't mention the fact that the guy trying to stop the cross coming in from the right-back position was Joel Mumbongo, so I assume that was actually part of his great plan to stop Annan from getting crosses over to the tallest striker in the world.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Empty jersey

I did worry when i saw your form plummeting that he'd be struggling. A rookie loanee whos coming off the back of a great season and knows hes got a top flight contract next season regardless likely isnt ideal for your situation. 

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Shree points would be most welcome tbf.

Aye, but do you have enough "Guid 'oanest laddies" in your squad who will "Dae great three quarters of the way up the park, but let themselves down in the final third"?

Interesting. You can see he's hurting, and all credit for him coming out  - before Marvin - to be interviewed.  He knows he isn't playing well, but NONE of them are in the system that Marvin's trying to force upon them. Harry's body language says it all really.

Watching that plus Marvin's (typical) post-match interview, it's clear that there's little understanding or belief amongst the players in what Marvin's trying to do. I don't doubt that Marvin's trying his best (if he wants to be a successful manager he has to!) but how he believes the team should play and what the players believe, or are capable of, are light years apart.

Marvin's stubborn-ness to stick with a failed system, and his lack of inventiveness and flexibility, are just killing the club and demotivating the players. You can blame the players all you like, but a decent manager can convey energy and enthusiasm and endear in the team a way of playing that suits the squad and that actually works.  In that, Marvin had failed in spades.

Enough is enough now (and has been for a long time); he has to go.

11 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah at the time I just thought that Bartley was going to do really well in management and get the most out of you're players however it's clearly not worked out ...

I've seen it plenty times in over 40 odd years in business ... there's plenty of folk out there who can talk a good job, but it's much harder to find someone who can actually walk the talk - sadly Bartley (along with many media pundits) is a case in point.

59 minutes ago, Artemis said:

If it hadn’t been for those pesky players, Bartley would have been manager of the season.

... and if it hadn't been for those pesky voters, we'd be in the Premiership...

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

I've seen it plenty times in over 40 odd years in business ... there's plenty of folk out there who can talk a good job, but it's much harder to find someone who can actually walk the talk - sadly Bartley (along with many media pundits) is a case in point.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Bartley after he does leave QOTS if he's full time in punditry or gets another job in coaching doubt he'll get another job in management for a while.

11 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Has he been sacked yet? If not, why not. 

He will not get sacked .

The board are taking the easy option of not doing anything as they are all leaving.

If as expected the board do nothing then they as much to blame as Bartley for letting him continue as manager .

We will go down with Bartley it is his fault we have to many nice players who don't like the physical side of the game .

Annan never played us off the park they just had players who had more desire to win the ball .

He mentions Jack Brydon in his interview  who again is going to be out for weeks just goes and heads it away why did he not sign more payers like him.

7 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

He will not get sacked .

I really think he might this time.  Yesterday was always likely to be a test.  He failed it and I think his time could be up.

Maybe not, but I can definitely see it this time.

1 minute ago, Greenacres said:

He will not get sacked .

The board are taking the easy option of not doing anything as they are all leaving.

If as expected the board do nothing then they as much to blame as Bartley for letting him continue as manager .

We will go down with Bartley it is his fault we have to many nice players who don't like the physical side of the game .

Annan never played us off the park they just had players who had more desire to win the ball .

He mentions Jack Brydon in his interview  who again is going to be out for weeks just goes and heads it away why did he not sign more payers like him.

I'm not sure.  It may just be my take on the interview, but I thought I sensed for the first time he's a worried man.

As for the Brydon comment, does it not dawn on Bartley that despite having nearly 30 players at his disposal, with probably close to a dozen who could be described as defenders it seems that only one (Brydon) is capable of following his instructions?

Hey guys feeling your pain just now  as we aren't in the best shape at the moment but one thing is it's shaping up to be a rip roaring last quarter for Kelty,  QoS, Stirling and Annan and the games against each other are all 6 pointers, Annan are the form team at the bottom and I honestly couldn't call it just now who's going into the relegation playoffs spot (hope it's not us) anyway all the best (except Kelty game obviously) 

Serious question folks: would you want us to really skelp you next week in order to hasten his demise, or maybe scrape a draw that he and your board may see as progress?

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Serious question folks: would you want us to really skelp you next week in order to hasten his demise, or maybe scrape a draw that he and your board may see as progress?

There’s no evidence that a skelping would hasten his demise so I’ll take the point thanks. 

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I understand the question, but even if Bartley's still in charge, I'd definitely want the point given our immediate predicament.  

In fact, I'd even take a narrow defeat over a hammering because goal difference might matter.  I don't think he'll get sacked on the back of a Falkirk result if he survives yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

There’s no evidence that a skelping would hasten his demise so I’ll take the point thanks. 

Aye, I fear he's here 'til the end if the season, at least. My hope is that the Board, assuming they still give a shit given they're jacking it in, are waiting on someone who is currently under contract becoming available in the summer before paying Bartley off. 

Reading the last few pages of your thread (and just keeping an eye on it generally over the last few months) and if you swapped 'Bartley' for 'Farrell' it would easily pass as our thread.

Fascinating to see which board cracks first. I keep hearing that, at any other club, Faz would've been sacked by now. Which is probably true...with you you guys the only exception. I'm staggered Bartley is still in a job.

30 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Hey guys feeling your pain just now  as we aren't in the best shape at the moment but one thing is it's shaping up to be a rip roaring last quarter for Kelty,  QoS, Stirling and Annan and the games against each other are all 6 pointers, Annan are the form team at the bottom and I honestly couldn't call it just now who's going into the relegation playoffs spot (hope it's not us) anyway all the best (except Kelty game obviously) 

As long as Bartley is in charge I really wouldn't be concerned if I'm a Kelty or Stirling fan.