The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, Mon_The_South said:

As far as i'm aware, surely a chairman has to be elected by the complete board...and as there is only him on there he can't possibly be... and i'm guessing this is the delay as he's probably trying to find said people in point B to join him.... I genuinely 'hope' this is just rumour control and he turns out to be a cracking appointment.... however...... time will soon tell 

Don’t you also need 250 shares to become a director and go through all the relevant fit & proper checks ? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mon_The_South said:

Without shooting a messenger, I was told that he (JM) was asked about 3 local businessmen joining his board but seemingly (I use seemingly as this is Dumfries rumour mill 🙂 ) he said no, as if he brought three people he didn't know in, they would vote for their own ideas and he wouldn't get his own way..

I’ve heard about someone who has been quite vocal about joining the board saying they aren’t interested anymore because they wouldn’t have got on. Also heard that it won’t be a shock if Billy is still here next season…

Edited by QoS99

Forgetting any altruistic reasons or massaging their own ego's are there any benefits in joining the board to be hit with constant criticism ?

Accepted some people thrive on challenges and that is enough !

33 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

I’ve heard about someone who has been quite vocal about joining the board saying they aren’t interested anymore because they wouldn’t have got on. Also heard that it won’t be a shock if Billy is still here next season…

I really do fear for us.

20 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Forgetting any altruistic reasons or massaging their own ego's are there any benefits in joining the board to be hit with constant criticism ?

If your being hit with constant criticism you should maybe take an inward look and ask yourself what you could do to lessen the criticism. Fair enough you can't please everybody, and some people are just born critics, but there can be valid points for criticism, an "I know better than you" attitude won't win the critics over.

Just now, the philosopher said:

I think it genuinely depends on your thought process towards your push towards the board... Some people firmly believe they can make a difference, some people are blindly let by the stigma of being on the board..... At a club like Queens, I believe that the board need that buy in with the fans to stand any chance of adoption and that is one of my main worries with Jim McLinden... his announcement came and went like a silent fart with no PR, nothing to stir up any excitement and in typical queens fashion... we're on a downer already... or some of us are..... I think that the key component is ensuring there is a local fan on that board if possible....

6 hours ago, annan4eva said:

There you go, your comments regarding Chisholm are interesting. As far as your take on Murphy I’m just not at all convinced ( if we manage to avoid relegation ) it will be down to his managerial skills. A clubs ceiling/ objective for a forthcoming season will always be determined by how well a manager uses the budget hes given and id give Murphy credit for bringing in Gibson ( IF HE DID ? ) who has made a big difference along with the loaneE from Newcastle ( which had nothing to do with PM ).

Managers can only do so much with that budget though. Annan aren’t going to ever have a budget that gives a manager the chance to go beyond fighting relegation from League 1. There will be clubs in League 2 with more money probably. 

You seem pretty intent on discrediting anything that Murphy has done though. He knows Gibson quite well so I don’t see why he wasn’t responsible for that signing. Annan will be shopping in a pretty shallow pool for players given the budget and location. I think once he leaves it’ll be a case of realising how good he was now that he’s away. 

1 hour ago, bod said:

I really do fear for us.

But also got told we are definitely getting rid of Bartley the other day so not all bad !

57 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

But also got told we are definitely getting rid of Bartley the other day so not all bad !

We live in hope, but why leave it so long?

Just now, bod said:

I’m guessing it would be until our new Board is actually confirmed?

4 hours ago, QoS99 said:

3 hours ago, bod said:

I'd imagine that we're waiting until all 8 planets are on the same side of the sun ...

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Managers can only do so much with that budget though. Annan aren’t going to ever have a budget that gives a manager the chance to go beyond fighting relegation from League 1. There will be clubs in League 2 with more money probably. 

You seem pretty intent on discrediting anything that Murphy has done though. He knows Gibson quite well so I don’t see why he wasn’t responsible for that signing. Annan will be shopping in a pretty shallow pool for players given the budget and location. I think once he leaves it’ll be a case of realising how good he was now that he’s away. 

Murphy's done great what he has got- concentrated on the best of local ( D&G + Cumbria) + a few from Central belt.

No one can argue he hasn't improved or got the best out of these boys ( even Annan4eva ).

But like most clubs it seems not total transparency when it comes to the Financials so who are we small mortals to criticise 

♤♡◇♧

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Only time will tell on the Murphy question. Annan ( Galabank ) has no scope for growth let along the size of the town. Ayr on the other hand has long overdue development to the ground, big name manager and from the outside look set to kick on at last.

Was, hoping to see a few of the youngsters get a run out today but with them playing and sadly losing in the Potts Cup final last night, that's not going to be the case.

Disappointing. 

1 hour ago, bod said:

Was, hoping to see a few of the youngsters get a run out today but with them playing and sadly losing in the Potts Cup final last night, that's not going to be the case.

Disappointing. 

This 

Now lets see how low the boards kahoona's hang...... get rid of the manager asap and show the fans you do not accept this season in the slightest and make a proactive move to get things  in place for next season..... 

It has been an absolutely sh3t show so far, where they can't even organise their own departure, never mind the Managers...

If Marv is here for the start of the season... I expect I will be one of the many that won't be