The Queen of the South thread

Very disappointing news if true - best central defender that I have seen at Queens and am astonished that it has taken so called expert scouts to so long to see his tremendous potential.

I wouldn't begrudge the big man a shot at the top league as he has been outstanding for us.

Like you I am surprised it has taken so long (if it is true).

Would we still get a transfer fee for Durnan if he leaves in the summer.How can Falkirk and even Livi get huge transfer fees for there players yet our best players seem to leave for nothing.

Because they are signed on longer than season long deals.

That's not the case. You've got a garbled message there. There have never been any Hearts tickets at Palmerston to date. I've got them and they'll be delivered to Palmerston tomorrow so we can open up sales to personal callers. The internet orders have been dealt with already but there are still more than 500 tickets available for sale tomorrow.

As far as we are aware you have to sit in the seat you are sold but then I wasn't aware until a week or so ago that it didn't happen last season. I guess how rigidly that is enforced may depend on how much of our section we fill.

We have been sent 600 tickets in advance. This is most of one section of the Stand. i believe we can get all or most of a second section if we need it so we can certainly get over 1,000 if required. I doubt capacity will be an issue.

For avoidance of doubt - There will be plenty of Hearts tickets on sale at Palmerston tomorrow.

Any of the cheap seats left in the front 7 rows SD?!

Hearts set to sign big Durns in Jan on pre contract according to the papers today. not surprising still think s bigger club could come in for him tho.

Many lolz to be had when Hertz implode post January and we win the league then! :P

If Queens lose Durnin and potentially one or two others who are on the radar of other clubs will we have the depth of squad?

Will Club have a list of replacements or promote the squad to starting line up ?

Your thoughts

Id be amazed if anyone went in January.

I can see us having to bring in more new players next summer than we did this though

Guest TOPFITTER

Id be amazed if anyone went in January.

I can see us having to bring in more new players next summer than we did this though

I'd be amazed if the Club did not cash in come January if offers were forthcoming, given those will be better sums than are likely to be available come June 2015 !!!!!

As has been said if Hearts sign him on a pre-contract in January they won't have to splash the cash but they might feel it worth the punt to strengthen their squad for the run-in to the end of the season, especially if *an*ers look like they might be trying to do the same. We all know that *an*ers don't have the cash just now to do this but it has never stopped them before and they could off-load a few fringe players and lay-off some more non-playing staff to fund their signings.

As has been said if Hearts sign him on a pre-contract in January they won't have to splash the cash but they might feel it worth the punt to strengthen their squad for the run-in to the end of the season, especially if *an*ers look like they might be trying to do the same. We all know that *an*ers don't have the cash just now to do this but it has never stopped them before and they could off-load a few fringe players and lay-off some more non-playing staff to fund their signings.

Hearts wont fork out for Durnan. I doubt it'll take much persuasion for him to join them in the summer. Defence clearly isn't an issue for Hearts, having only conceded 7 goals this season. I doubt they will change a winning formula.

I fully expected Durnan to be gone after this season, so although gutted I'm not surprised. The guy deserves his chance at a higher level and tbh I don't think he'll spend long in the SPFL (or whatever the hell it's called) either. He'll surely be an English Championship player within the next 5 years. The best CB I've seen at Palmerston in years. St Johnstone must be kicking themselves for letting him go. When he goes I'll wish him the best of luck. Losing him in January isn't a worry as it won't happen. Losing Holt, Durnan, Reilly and McShane in the summer is my biggest concern and is far more likely to happen :-(