The Queen of the South thread

Agree totally.The youngsters should be either loaned to the Ayrshire Super League/Lowland League or Annan /bottom tier teams.Going on loan to South of Scotland teams isnt going to do anything for their development .

Nail on head

Agree totally.The youngsters should be either loaned to the Ayrshire Super League/Lowland League or Annan /bottom tier teams.Going on loan to South of Scotland teams isnt going to do anything for their development .

It won't turn them into world beaters, but it would at the very least toughen them up and give them game time. Ideally the 3rd Division (or whatever he hell it's called now) is where we'd want them to go, but I'm not against sending them to places where they'll learn how to take a kick or two.

I don't think we're in a position to be sending our current first team youngsters out on loan anyway due to injuries. But Slattery has looked decent in the games I've watched him. I would feel more confident bringing him on than D.Smith, which is why I said I would rather i was him that was out on loan.

Pretty sure Craig Allan never scored. Anyone else would be doing well to beat Gavin Reilly who scored a goal for us in a cup tie under Brannigan when he was 17 years and about 3 months I think.

Did Craig ALLEN play for the first team?

Don't suppose we're going to have anyone new standing next to Fowler today. After so long the BOD might just decide to take the cheap option and not bring anyone in. Suppose they could be looking on and saying things are going well enough. Any money spent to bring in a second in command might be better spent in the window on another player.

Hibs 3-0 up at half time this week. Anyone still want to bitch and moan about our clean sheet last week?

Also I hear St Mirren have given a debut to a Stevie Mallan today.

We won by a wider margin there and conceded 0 so your point really isn't valid. We should have attempted to give a dodgy defence some problems at the very least. Edited by Broony88

Do Queens make money from the changing advertising boards.

Have not seen the game in TV but really need the floodlights sorted 2bulbs out make it a bit dark in the far corner.

Why as well is there no lights on in the arena car park.

The lights are there but never on.

So big Zander had been playing in the Championship for over a season now. Would be interesting to hear both the opinions of Queens fans and oopposition fans alike. What is he like? Good enough to play Scottish premier league football next yea?

As everyone know Queens have had a bad injury list all season but who would make way for the player who are currently out to come back into the squad?

Dowie is doing as well as Mitchell. McShane and Kerr are playing well in central midfield which would leave Russell or Carmichael to make way for Burns or Paton? Would that be popular or productive? Maybe Paton for Baird or Reilly but would that mean playing 4411 formation?

So big Zander had been playing in the Championship for over a season now. Would be interesting to hear both the opinions of Queens fans and oopposition fans alike. What is he like? Good enough to play Scottish premier league football next yea?

Looked pretty decent against us whenever iv seen him.

Second best st Johnstone player on loan in this league!

He is great in 1 on 1s but he gets bullied too much for someone his size at set pieces. He is good Championship keeper but hasn't been as good as he was last season but he is still only 22 so he has plenty of time to mature and build on some of his promise.

The fact he isn't Calum Antell is a massive bonus.

We were talking about this at the game and although I suggested it would be nice to have a natural right-back in the team, the consensus was there is no way we should be lining up without Andy Dowie in the starting XI. Very much if it isn't broken then don't fix it. Higgins is in fine form just now as well and we are racking up the clean-sheets by sticking with a settled back 5 (McIntyre take note).

Likewise in midfield the Kerr and McShane partnership is untouchable at the moment. The only worry would be that other clubs might be looking at McShane in January. If that is the case then Burnsy and McKenna might make a return to fitness just at the right time.

I think yesterday confirmed that Reilly and Baird is the best partnership we have up front. We all know what Reilly brings, and although I've been critical of Baird his best performances have been alongside Reilly. Lyle is a great option to bring on to calm things down as he did last night, and he is more than capable of chipping in with a few goals as well.

I like Paton as a player but he's never had a consistent run in the team to stamp his authority as a starter. I'm not even entirely sure his best position. It probably is as supporting striker in a 4-4-1-1 and I suppose that could be an option away to say Hearts, or a top league team should we draw them in the cup for example, but he's way down the pecking order as it stands.

It will be nice to soon be able to field a strong bench, but it will also feel a bit like a wasted opportunity that we haven't been cruising in many games and had the opportunity to throw on a youngster or two to gain experience.

As everyone know Queens have had a bad injury list all season but who would make way for the player who are currently out to come back into the squad?

For me it would be nice just to have a stronger bench to give us some more options in the later stages of games.

Can't remember where I read it (maybe Friday's Record?) but Burns has suffered a minor set back so won't be back till January at earliest.

Reading between the lines I'd assume this season Is a write off for Mitchell.

I probably wouldn't bother starting Paton unless the team were in a poor run of form, as there's no point shoehorning him in and upsetting regulars for a couple of games before his hamstring goes again.

For me it would be nice just to have a stronger bench to give us some more options in the later stages of games.

Can't remember where I read it (maybe Friday's Record?) but Burns has suffered a minor set back so won't be back till January at earliest.

Reading between the lines I'd assume this season Is a write off for Mitchell.

I probably wouldn't bother starting Paton unless the team were in a poor run of form, as there's no point shoehorning him in and upsetting regulars for a couple of games before his hamstring goes again.

Can see at least two of the long term injured getting punted at end of season. We cant afford passengers

Do Queens make money from the changing advertising boards. Have not seen the game in TV but really need the floodlights sorted 2bulbs out make it a bit dark in the far corner. Why as well is there no lights on in the arena car park. The lights are there but never

You are right about the lights .Someone else posted about them either earlier in this, or indeed another thread.I presume that someone pays for the adverts as both Building Craftsmen (the chairmans firm ) and Gates featured on it .

We were talking about this at the game and although I suggested it would be nice to have a natural right-back in the team, the consensus was there is no way we should be lining up without Andy Dowie in the starting XI. Very much if it isn't broken then don't fix it. Higgins is in fine form just now as well and we are racking up the clean-sheets by sticking with a settled back 5 (McIntyre take note).

Likewise in midfield the Kerr and McShane partnership is untouchable at the moment. The only worry would be that other clubs might be looking at McShane in January. If that is the case then Burnsy and McKenna might make a return to fitness just at the right time.

I think yesterday confirmed that Reilly and Baird is the best partnership we have up front. We all know what Reilly brings, and although I've been critical of Baird his best performances have been alongside Reilly. Lyle is a great option to bring on to calm things down as he did last night, and he is more than capable of chipping in with a few goals as well.

I like Paton as a player but he's never had a consistent run in the team to stamp his authority as a starter. I'm not even entirely sure his best position. It probably is as supporting striker in a 4-4-1-1 and I suppose that could be an option away to say Hearts, or a top league team should we draw them in the cup for example, but he's way down the pecking order as it stands.

It will be nice to soon be able to field a strong bench, but it will also feel a bit like a wasted opportunity that we haven't been cruising in many games and had the opportunity to throw on a youngster or two to gain experience.

I'm sure this will be the case for him and a few others, we could well be looking at losing a few. We need to get as many points on the table before the inevitable happens in January.