The General Ross County Chat Thread

5 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I could be wrong here, but did Turner not play a fair bit of the season in the number 8 for Thistle? I don’t think he’s an out and out 10 in the same way as Dhanda, but in fairness it’s probably hard to find an out and out 10 these days.

I’d be very disappointed if they were replacing Dhanda with Turner. Dhanda is clearly intending to come back next season anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d be very disappointed if they were replacing Dhanda with Turner. Dhanda is clearly intending to come back next season anyway. 

Perhaps not immediately, but if Dhanda stays then he definitely won't be here next summer, whereas Turner might be. 

I’d be surprised but delighted if Dhanda is here next season. Just hope he is used properly and we play to his strengths, i.e not punt the ball consistently over his head. Allardice and Turner sound like two guys who he could play off. He looked pissed off a few times last season but understandably so. 

Edited by Staggie_93

11 minutes ago, Lowrie83 said:

I heard he's going to signing for 1 of the Dundee clubs. We were only attached to him to push his wage up

Scott Burns is reporting youre signing him on a 2yr deal.

His scoops generally mean its done.

23 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

This will leave us with

Allardice

Turner

Dhanda

Loturi

Callachan

Tillson

Surely every single one of them will be demanding first team football (maybe bar Tillson?), suggesting one of them may be off?.

Callachan spent a bit of time on the bench last season, so even if he was demanding first team football he'd need to earn it - which he didn't last year.

Callachan will be lucky to get back in the side, to be honest. Tillson I think will be more content being a sub option. 

6 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Thought he looked decent in the 2 games v us. If it means Tilson or Callachan are further down the pecking order then double happy.

Tilson has somehow played 100 odd top flight games for us.  I don’t particularly dislike him, but I’m never quite sure what he’s supposed to be doing.  I’m okay with him being a 6, but god forbid he plays as a 10 again. 

6 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Callahan will have some nerve demanding first team football in the Premiership.

He should be glad he gets a squad number.

Agree, he's dug meat!

Happy enough to have him as a squad player, but he's a liability as a starter.