The General Ross County Chat Thread

How many decent kits have we actually had in the last 10 years? The one we got relegated in was a belter, the white away one with a navy collar (maybe 2013/14 away?) was also smashing. Genuinely can’t recall many others that I’d actually buy in 20 years or so. 

30 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

How many decent kits have we actually had in the last 10 years? The one we got relegated in was a belter, the white away one with a navy collar (maybe 2013/14 away?) was also smashing. Genuinely can’t recall many others that I’d actually buy in 20 years or so. 

The first Joma one (pin stripes) was the only decent one in the past ~10 years.

27 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Somebody at the club specifically asks for modernist designs.  Even Macron, who have been excellent for Motherwell and most others, gave us monstrosity after monstrosity.   Joma have never made a nice kit in their history.  But there have been too many messes to be a coincidence.  

3 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Just checking in with the resident happy clappers here......am I allowed to criticise County for the away strip.

Because fucking hell.....

Weird how adding Kyle Turner to Scott Allardice gives you Josh Reid.

That would probably look great as white with the maroon sleeves, the design you can sort of glimpse at one side.

Genuinely wonder if that was the plan and there was just a monumental f**k up by someone at some stage.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That would probably look great as white with the maroon sleeves, the design you can sort of glimpse at one side.

Genuinely wonder if that was the plan and there was just a monumental f**k up by someone at some stage.

Or a Blackburn style two halves thing.  

4 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Just checking in with the resident happy clappers here......am I allowed to criticise County for the away strip.

Because fucking hell.....

To misquote the capital's second club, "jism doesn't show on a maroon jersey" 

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Remember that time Morton brought out the worst strip of all time and the fans complained so they sent it back?   Can we not do that?

I was hoping for a “Huddersfield x Paddy Power” type gag, but after remembering it’s RCFC we’re dealing with here, I can admit with hindsight that was probably a speculative prayer to say the least. 

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Remember that time Morton brought out the worst strip of all time and the fans complained so they sent it back?   Can we not do that?

I hope so. Even with the terrible design if it was a white shirt with the maroon splash, maroon shorts, and white socks I think it would be decent.

Quite disappointed as I was looking forward to seeing it since we've known it was going to be white and maroon for a few weeks.