The General Ross County Chat Thread

It appears DD and RSB are being paired together now for their posting styles for some reason...

Well this is awkward.

I'm comfortable with that. I've said before I quite like him - a loveable old rogue of an alchy uncle.

I want to be like him when I grow up. I'm just an alchy uncle so far

(It's because i backed him up in a wee dialogue he was having with someone on OTB, so now we've been paired together.

Like a 70s cop show.

I'm the smooth talking ladies man and he's the muscle. Get involved)

Edited by dingdong1929

The odds from last time Derek departed. From this thread http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/136406-next-ross-county-manager-odds/

Craig Brewster 5/6
Gus MacPherson 4/1
John Hughes 6/1
Barry Wilson 6/1
John Robertson 10/1
Gordon Chisholm 10/1
Jim Duffy 14/1
Neale Cooper 16/1

Are Ross County sustainable as an SPL side?

Get a feeling like everything might collapse now. Their place IMO isn't the SPL and perhaps league one or the championship lower half.

What did the chairman expect realistically?

County have only spent two seasons in Division Two since they entered the SFL. To say "their place is perhaps League One" isn't a particularly fair assessment, particularly when they've spent more seasons in the SPL/Premiership than they have in Division Two/League One.

Things don't have to collapse but MacGregor needs to make the right appointment, and even then the January transfer window will be crucial. Worst case scenario, County go back to being a midtable club in the First. That said, there's no reason why County can't emulate ICT or even St. Johnstone - become an "established" topflight club, occasionally pushing for a top four (or top three) spot.

County are in their current predicament due to an ill-thought out and poorly planned, short-termist strategy.

Edited by yoda

I don't think county will go down, I do think they were late in clearing out the Adams, that should have happened last season.

George is a busted flush and Derek doesn't seem to plan more than 5 mins ahead. Bugged me when tel did it at first with us.

A settled county team with the odd change would work wonders.

Here's hoping they get the right man in.

I would have happily kept Derek at the helm, but George's failure to take through youth and develop them, whilst not being able to source adequate players for the first team meant his tenure as the director of football had to go.

I have no doubt Derek Adams will get another job and be successful in that job, but really think he needs to find that away from his father.

I would have happily kept Derek at the helm, but George's failure to take through youth and develop them, whilst not being able to source adequate players for the first team meant his tenure as the director of football had to go.

I have no doubt Derek Adams will get another job and be successful in that job, but really think he needs to find that away from his father.

And he needs to tone down the "me against the world" shtick. I know most fans weren't particularly bothered when he pissed off the fans and managers of other clubs but to me it was indicative of wider issues.

Really hope he gets kept on when the new manager comes in. He done wonders for the U20's last year after Smith left.

Aye, same here. Is also a valuable link to the support and has been associated with the club since the 3rd div. Bit of a club 'legend' in my eyes (as much as that gets bandied about)

Edited by dingdong1929