The General Ross County Chat Thread

20 minutes ago, Spain said:

I was all for this until I saw that beard and hair...

37 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

imposter that is Ryan Dow.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Things I like about the signing:

* His technique is class.  Looking at the goals scored in England via YouTube he strikes the ball very cleanly, he finds the corners and he can shoot early off either foot
* He can take a good free-kick  :osama:
* Burke showed last season that even without having the pace, having superior close control is enough to get a foothold in the match in tight situations.
* Having another another experienced winger for Keillor-Dunn to learn from can only be good
* Until he's fully fit he can come on late for Keillor-Dunn or Gardyne, rather than Dow ghost through the motions

Things I don't like about the signing:

* The short-term nature.  If he's excellent he will play every week (at the expense of either Keillor-Dunn or Gardyne)  Will he stay around?  Almost certainly not
* The team needs an injection of pace into it, he won't bring that

Edited by bunglebonce

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Is this Tumilty boy a left back? Any use for a dug shit Championship team?

Right back.  Jim McIntyre was a big fan of him - he was the first of the Development League winning team to establish himself on the edges of the first team.  I thought he'd feature more this season, but Jason Naismith's probably been our best player this season.

I'd guess he'll do well for you guys.

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 08:42, Comrie said:

Mikkelsen has some nice touches but is terrible physically- in essence he's Norwegian Brian Graham

It would be remiss of me not to point out that you are doing Mikkelsen a disservice here.  He's Danish.

If you played in a Manchester United team which featured Ronaldo Rooney Scholes Ferdinand... you’ll have something to offer

Like Eric Djemba-Djemba?

Another "blast from the past" name heading to Scottish football to follow their former Premier League manager.  I remember Eagles being pretty good the first time Burnley got to the Premier League (2009-10) but that was a while ago.  

Edited by senorsoupe

Great news that Fox has recovered faster than expected and might even be on bench today.

McCarey was fine v Celtic though and deserves to keep his place for now.

Also that Dundee win v Rangers last night again shows what a mess McIntyre made of that game in Dingwall, which thankfully was one of his last.

On 11/25/2017 at 13:53, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

sschIt will be great to have Fox back. Mccarey has been improving every game, but Fox is on another level to him.

One thing I won't enjoy is Fox's habit of holding onto the ball for the maximum amount of time before releasing it with an aimless punt at Curran or Schalk. He seriously needs to look at releasing it far more effectively than that.