BBC's Grovelling Apology

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Only right that national broadcaster should be able to report and have access the premier football club of the country

I appreciate your humour on this matter as it has given me a chuckle, but just to repeat what has been said umpteen times already it shouldn't have taken an unearned apology for this to be the case.

34 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

55 to stop the ten , a European final and a Scottish cup 

not gonna lie the last few years it’s been no bad 

Not one to pass up an open goal.................presumably if you are claiming "the 55" as part of the last few years, 2012 must be part of the "no bad" bit?image.png.551a025f06798f9e42cf4b10e212457c.png

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Not one to pass up an open goal.................presumably if you are claiming "the 55" as part of the last few years, 2012 must be part of the "no bad" bit?image.png.551a025f06798f9e42cf4b10e212457c.png

Don’t worry 

At this rate the herald will be at Ibrox on their knees pleading forgiveness in the foreseeable future to 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Imagine being a Rangers fan? Actually imagine it.

Your support is rightly called out for being unreformed (!) 19th century bigots, your club goes full Trump/Boris denial of reality 'no WE'RE the victims' and uses sheer weight of numbers to make the national broadcaster look like the bad guys for reporting on sectarianism, sectarianism that is a key feature of being a Rangers supporter.

You take all that in and then you stand back and think, 'Aye, Rangers are the good guys here'.

😀

You simply cannot be a Rangers supporter without being a wrongun.

You can call Protestants a lot of things, but you certainly can’t call them unreformed.

Someone else said this a few posts ago, and I genuinely agree with it. Such was the BBCs coverage of all things Sellik and The Rangers, I genuinely never realised there was still an ongoing stand off between the BBC and the tribute act. I find it hard to imagine this grovelling apology amounts to the BBC sooking the Sevco boaby, because I thought they had it firmly shoved up their arse as usual anyway. I was astonished to learn the dispute was still a thing. Seven years? That’s fcuk all. Sir Alex Ferguson not talking to St Mirren has been going on since 1978. 😄

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Someone else said this a few posts ago, and I genuinely agree with it. Such was the BBCs coverage of all things Sellik and The Rangers, I genuinely never realised there was still an ongoing stand off between the BBC and the tribute act. I find it hard to imagine this grovelling apology amounts to the BBC sooking the Sevco boaby, because I thought they had it firmly shoved up their arse as usual anyway. I was astonished to learn the dispute was still a thing. Seven years? That’s fcuk all. Sir Alex Ferguson not talking to St Mirren has been gong on since 1978. 😄

A quick search shows otherwise. 

Don't bother deleting. 

The Bbc story on this includes

""It is understood that reporting restrictions on BBC journalists have been lifted by the Glasgow club."

So it looks like Rangers might also have backed down? Albeit no apology for their unjustified bullying and restriction of trade. 

It's another layer of pathetic that the BBC goes with an unattibuted "it is understood...". If only there was some organisation that was party to the resolution of the dispute that the BBC's Scottish football reporting team could approach for direct confirmation. 

Nothing less than Chris McGlaughlin interviewing players in front of a burning union flag, wearing a Cinch cap while a hanged effigy of the queen swings past the camera will placate me now. 

This is, above all else, very, very funny. 

The only thing that will make it funnier is when Michael Stewart eventually logs on to realise he’s been cucked in front of the entire nation

Let’s not overlook the collective media in Scotland are partly responsible for this by their lack of solidarity. But they were glad to coory in like the sycophants they are and point at the BBC from afar but within earshot of Dougie.

When a BBC journo and therefore by association the organisation were personas non grata it needed STV, Clyde 1, BT, Sky and all the print redtops and broadsheets to stand together and call out the bullshit. Not to endorse what was reported, but to temper the insidious precedent it set.

You cut off oxygen of publicity then you don’t get the “f**k you” attitude exhibited anywhere to the same degree.

It’s no coincidence that most libraries in Scotland have “Let their be light” above the door. Truth and Integrity die in the darkness.

Also, for a club to eager to sing about everyone hating them and they don’t care, they sure as f**k seem to.

The BBC have indeed backed down, but to be honest the whole thing was a nonsense. A national broadcaster should be able to investigate a large organisation and its dealings in the country without fear of intimidation. Its in the fans of that clubs interest as more that anyone else's.

Equally, it is a nonsense that fans of other clubs as well as Rangers fans have been denied something (proper reporting in games from Ibrox) that they have essentially paid for.

The real reason behind this though, I suspect, has little to do with football at all. Going into the inevitable Indyref2 debate, the BBC has to have as clean a slate as any. Given the undeniable correlation between Rangers and Unionists, it's not clever for the BBC to be in dispute with a focal point for a large portion of the nations unionists. Not saying the BBC backing down in isolation is right, but in the wider new reporting context, it is understandable.

Not that it will happen, but if this leads to some sort of unity and cohesion between the league, teams, sponsors and broadcasters, its the teams and fans that benefit. I don't Holybourne much hope though and will merely mean fawning over all things Rantic.