Great turns of phrase on The Pie And Bovril Scottish Football Forum

"Glorified barn" to describe a certain type of 'pub' is a great turn of phrase. Paints a perfect picture in my mind's eye. I use it most weekends when arranging days out on the terraces and nights out on the town with my pals (eg "am no going to a glorified barn if a kin avoid it").

Thank you @VT for that one, and for all you do generally for The Forum. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

He has an eye condition you rocket.

M9.

Minter.

The The Rangers.

Ruel Street, bring yer Ma.

Wha's in cherge here?

You seem upset.

Thank you.

Thank you.

The ‘thank you’ patter is the worst turn of phrase.

8 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

No idea who first posted it but “Getting off at Haymarket” is one of my favourite bits of patter to come from this website

I said this very line to the man who did my vasectomy. Probably not the greatest idea to make him pish himself laughing as he's warming up the soldering iron. 

OFTW IMVHO

At least once a week I'll give out a "thanks for playing" or "at least your not upset".

Does anyone else have to pretend their P&Bisms are from a guy at work or a guy at the pub or are we at the stage in society now where its acceptable to say you got it from all your Internet friends on a Scottish football website?

5 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Actually, he has A RARE EYE CONDITION YOU UTTER TRUMPET

What happened to Mubtumbo Dryhorse?

I think he's still about - the East Stirlingshire thread?

56 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

Can someone please give the story to Ruel Street, seen this phrase many times over the years.

Thank you.

2 posters went beyond the witty and half-witty badinage one finds within these pages and moved onto threats of physical violence.

One invited the other to visit him at his home address of 12 Ruel St in the Mount Florida area of Glasgow for a square go.

He was also told to "bring yer maw".

26 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

OFTW IMVHO

At least once a week I'll give out a "thanks for playing" or "at least your not upset".

Does anyone else have to pretend their P&Bisms are from a guy at work or a guy at the pub or are we at the stage in society now where its acceptable to say you got it from all your Internet friends on a Scottish football website?

I've got my PnB username as one of my Hinge prompts.