Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

18 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Oh dear. That's a fair few of us barred from standing as a Labour Party candidate.

Damn my careless choice of language.

36 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Oh dear. That's a fair few of us barred from standing as a Labour Party candidate.

Damn my careless choice of language.

Is this an attempt to play coy or a subtle dig at the entire clan of dirty b*****ds?

1D7FDCC6-CB79-4C47-849C-19A7817BC8EB.jpeg

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Is this an attempt to play coy or a subtle dig at the entire clan of dirty b*****ds?

1D7FDCC6-CB79-4C47-849C-19A7817BC8EB.jpeg

I may, in the distant past, have referred to certain member(s) of the aristocracy as a "n****", "supern****", or "child-raping Turboshandy tribute act n****".

I now see the error in my offensive language, and wish to withdraw these remarks, and apologise for any embarrassment caused to Sir Keir and the Labour Party, who have assured me that I'm best to stay out of the affairs of my betters and their noncey relations. Sorry, n****y.

On 03/05/2023 at 11:52, Leith Green said:

The masons near me have got a massive (must be 2m x 3m) fuckoff Union Jack sticking out their window.

They did it when Lizzie had her Jubilee, when she died, when Sturgeon resigned.

They are, as you can imagine, a horribly bunch of kunts.

In an amusing update, the local pub - frequented regularly by the masons - has put 2 massive saltires outside the pub door.🤭

I'm currently suffering the misfortune of the BBC News. Camilla didn't get where she is through PR, she didn't want PR, she wanted to meet people and change opinion that way. Now a judge from Strictly Come Dancing is saying she's worked for everything, she's had a tough life. 

It's Lizzie dying all over again. I live in a parallel universe.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm currently suffering the misfortune of the BBC News. Camilla didn't get where she is through PR, she didn't want PR, she wanted to meet people and change opinion that way. Now a judge from Strictly Come Dancing is saying she's worked for everything, she's had a tough life. 

It's Lizzie dying all over again. I live in a parallel universe.

She let Charles sling one up her. If that’s not hard graft, I don’t know what is. Dear beloved Queen Camilla is a professional*.

*The world’s oldest professional-al.

Does the UK have a similar arrangement in the UK to the USA... who is the UK's "designated survivor" in case of a disaster at the coronation? 

Is there some branch of the royal family being hidden in a cupboard somewhere, maybe in the United States? 🤔😉

Good grief... I've turned into a conspiracy theorist! 

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Does the UK have a similar arrangement in the UK to the USA... who is the UK's "designated survivor" in case of a disaster at the coronation? 

Is there some branch of the royal family being hidden in a cupboard somewhere, maybe in the United States? 🤔😉

I did wonder how the Mail etc would react if Charlie, Willie and his Bairns all had some kind of accident and we ended up with King Henry IX and Queen Meghan. Heads would be exploding left, right and centre. Or we could end up a King Ralph situation which would be equally hilarious.

11 hours ago, Antlion said:

She let Charles sling one up her. If that’s not hard graft, I don’t know what is. Dear beloved Queen Camilla is a professional*.

*The world’s oldest professional-al.

Especially if those fucking horrifying fingers were involved.

24 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, I didn't want to say, but there's a reason I won't be at the Coronation...

ETA:

7kmswe.jpg

Edited by Mark Connolly

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That is truly, genuinely incredible from start to finish. Fair play for unearthing these absolutely fucking WILD takes

It's pretty much mainstream if the likes of GBnews is watched. It 100% should be regarded as wild extremism but in today's  "great" Britain it's being peddled 24/7 by the right wing propaganda machine and its clearly working. 

I've spotted something out of the ordinary. An old geezer who hasn't worked a day in his life with a multi-million pound crown passing by in a tax payer funded golden carriage at a time when people can't afford food, lecky or rent. Wonder what action they'll take if I call them up? 

3 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

I've spotted something out of the ordinary. An old geezer who hasn't worked a day in his life with a multi-million pound crown passing by in a tax payer funded golden carriage at a time when people can't afford food, lecky or rent. Wonder what action they'll take if I call them up? 

Probably be at your door in minutes but not in the way you hoped.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

See all those fuckers who voted no and subjected us to this, they should be made to watch every fucking minute of the coverage, every second of it. 

They will, and they'll lap it up. That's the problem.

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

See all those fuckers who voted no and subjected us to this, they should be made to watch every fucking minute of the coverage, every second of it. 

Wasn't the position of Salmond and Sturgeon to retain the monarchy?