euro 2024 seed stage group

Craigieboy86

Would rather not have Norway away in June, they'll have the option of calling on some players who are mid-season while ours are all at the end of theirs and knackered. Maybe the World Cup break will help ours in that respect, but I doubt it. Hopefully a wee bit of the opposite problem in November right enough, makes it more likely we know exactly what we need to do against them.

Whilst it’d be wrong to base all our worries about Norway purely on them having Haaland it’s also complete folly to dismiss him as KDB isn’t Norwegian given the lad has 21 goals in 23 International matches.

True. However looking at his record

3 against Gibraltar
2 against NI
2 against armenia
4 against Sweden

Sweden the only half decent team there. So that’s basically half his goals.

He is obviously a class player. Odegaard is also a class player. However, let’s not talk ourselves into them being one of the top teams in the world. Yes they will be tough games but they are beatable.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Would rather not have Norway away in June, they'll have the option of calling on some players who are mid-season while ours are all at the end of theirs and knackered. Maybe the World Cup break will help ours in that respect, but I doubt it. Hopefully a wee bit of the opposite problem in November right enough, makes it more likely we know exactly what we need to do against them.

They only had 4 Norwegian based players in the last squad and two were keepers,  although I take your point they at least have the option but I can't see them playing many.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
15 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
Tblisi in November 200.gif

Daily mean of 7.9°, so warmer than Glasgow.

At night it will be Baltic...it's been cold enough at night the last twice we have played there...I'm taking ma big coat 

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Scotland have regularly lost to pish teams previously and have not automatically qualified for a major tournament this century.

Something which is also true of every single other team in our group apart from Spain, given that Norway's last automatic qualification was sealed in 1999.

At night it will be Baltic.

Again, even at night it's likely to be warmer than Glasgow. I'd still pack a chinchilla coat just in case though. Either way, can't be worse than walking back into town through the Longman industrial estate following a midweek away game at Caley.

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Looks like I'll be watching us against someone else in Oslo in June then. :lol:

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Fucks sake, when you spend an hour pricing your different option… had eventually found a decent Larnica option from London. At least it wasn’t booked though, shambles!

Just got some no deposit/ no fee to cancel hotels sorted so I'm ok