The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

It’s his actuaries I’d like to meet, as I’m confident that a hit, in a manner of speaking, rate like that isn’t the product of a single individual…just, no way. Of course, if in a few years we find that a certain P&B member had the fabled “heart attack gun”…

I'll not be making any accusations just in case 👀

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Treat Williams, actor in the film version of Hair and IIRC The Eagle Has Landed, age 71

Treat Williams: Everwood and Hair actor dies in road accident - BBC News

Not going to see the dawning of the age of Aquarius now.

41 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Christy Dignam, lead singer of some Irish band I'd never heard of, is now gracing the Dead Pool with someone's solo shot.

I gave up on him years ago, he's a less famous Shane MacGowan. Another bloody deadpool tease.

Edit to add - 2018 was the last time I had him in my squad.

Edited by chomp my root

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

I'd like to hear his take on the crossing

He got his things from the house and saddled the horse and rode out. He said goodbye to no one. He sat the horse in the road beyond the river cottonwoods and he looked off downcountry at the mountains and he looked to the west where thunderheads were standing sheared off from the thin dark horizon and he looked at the deep cyanic sky taut and vaulted over the whole of Mexico where the antique world clung to the stones and to the spores of living things and dwelt in the blood of men. He turned the horse and set out along the road south, shadowless in the gray day, riding with the shotgun unscabbarded across the bow of the saddle. For the enmity of the world was newly plain to him that day and cold and inameliorate as it must be to all who have no longer cause except themselves to stand against it.

Have I ever mentioned I wrote my master's dissertation on McCarthy?

Pick a man, any man. That man there. See him. That man hatless. You know his opinion of the world. You can read it in his face, in his stance. Yet his complaint that a man's life is no bargain masks the actual case with him. Which is that men will not do as he wished them to. Have never done, will never do. That's the way of things with him and his life is so balked about by difficulty and become so altered of its intended architecture that he is little more than a walking hovel hardly fit to house the human spirit at all.

Just now, approximately dave said:

RIP.

Cormac McCarthy's 'Blood Meridian' has yet to be made into a film. Done with the same brutal unforgiving style as The Road or even the way the Coen's directed No Country For Old Men it would be a classic.

There's a new (non-James Franco involved) version on the go by the guy who did The Road: Dear god, they're trying to make a movie out of Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian (avclub.com)

The title of that article sums up my thoughts on the matter.