The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Have I ever mentioned I wrote my master's dissertation on McCarthy?

Pick a man, any man. That man there. See him. That man hatless. You know his opinion of the world. You can read it in his face, in his stance. Yet his complaint that a man's life is no bargain masks the actual case with him. Which is that men will not do as he wished them to. Have never done, will never do. That's the way of things with him and his life is so balked about by difficulty and become so altered of its intended architecture that he is little more than a walking hovel hardly fit to house the human spirit at all.

I asked Bard to write a McCarthy-style paragraph.  Convincing?

The sun beat down on the desert like a hammer, and the only sound was the wind blowing through the tumbleweeds. The man and the boy walked for hours, their mouths dry and their skin cracked. They were lost, and they knew it. They had been walking for days, and they were starting to lose hope.

The man stopped and looked around. They were in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but sand and sky in every direction. He knew that they couldn't keep going like this. They would die if they didn't find water soon.

The boy looked up at his father. "Are we going to die?" he asked.

The man shook his head. "No," he said. "We're not going to die. We're going to find water."

The man turned and started walking again. The boy followed him, his eyes fixed on the horizon. They walked for hours, and the sun continued to beat down on them. The man's shirt was soaked with sweat, and the boy's lips were chapped and bleeding.

Finally, in the distance, the man saw something. It was a small green oasis, with a pool of water in the center. He ran towards it, the boy close behind him.

When they reached the oasis, the man and the boy fell to their knees and drank deeply from the pool. The water was cool and refreshing, and it revived them both.

After they had drunk their fill, the man and the boy lay down in the shade of a palm tree and fell asleep. They slept for hours, and when they woke up, they felt refreshed and renewed.

The man knew that they would still have a long journey ahead of them, but he was confident that they would make it. They had found water, and that was all that mattered.

2 hours ago, The DA said:

I asked Bard to write a McCarthy-style paragraph.  Convincing?

The sun beat down on the desert like a hammer, and the only sound was the wind blowing through the tumbleweeds. The man and the boy walked for hours, their mouths dry and their skin cracked. They were lost, and they knew it. They had been walking for days, and they were starting to lose hope.

The man stopped and looked around. They were in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but sand and sky in every direction. He knew that they couldn't keep going like this. They would die if they didn't find water soon.

The boy looked up at his father. "Are we going to die?" he asked.

The man shook his head. "No," he said. "We're not going to die. We're going to find water."

The man turned and started walking again. The boy followed him, his eyes fixed on the horizon. They walked for hours, and the sun continued to beat down on them. The man's shirt was soaked with sweat, and the boy's lips were chapped and bleeding.

Finally, in the distance, the man saw something. It was a small green oasis, with a pool of water in the center. He ran towards it, the boy close behind him.

When they reached the oasis, the man and the boy fell to their knees and drank deeply from the pool. The water was cool and refreshing, and it revived them both.

After they had drunk their fill, the man and the boy lay down in the shade of a palm tree and fell asleep. They slept for hours, and when they woke up, they felt refreshed and renewed.

The man knew that they would still have a long journey ahead of them, but he was confident that they would make it. They had found water, and that was all that mattered.

There are more commas in this post than most of his novels, so no 

15 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Christy Dignam, lead singer of some Irish band I'd never heard of, is now gracing the Dead Pool with someone's solo shot.

14 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I gave up on him years ago, he's a less famous Shane MacGowan. Another bloody deadpool tease.

Edit to add - 2018 was the last time I had him in my squad.

Fuxake. Had him for years, also decided he was immortal, dropped him for this year's team, now he's deid. Decent points if someone does indeed have him as a solo shot. Fuxake.