Pie and Bovril is 20!

32 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The Strathclyde holiday is a new one on me

Thankfully, preserved in the Gold forum.

tl;dr - young Perthshire man's parents take him away on holiday to the Strathclyde Hilton, with the big daytrip being a visit to Ikea. Everything is covered in shit, and he almost dies of hunger/food poisoning.

For the area, sounds like borderline 3/4 stars on TripAdvisor.

Joined in 2007. As an Edinburgh City fan me and a mate used to enjoy spats with Spartans fans on here (including one Grimbo). They seem to be a bit quiet these days although their club hasn't changed its name for spurious reasons...

I like this site for covering the "minnows" that are generally ignored by the Scottish media. You might get a two line report on Inversneckie United sacking Dod McTumshie and it would be only by going on here that you might find out he'd been caught freebasing coke in bed with the Chairman's daughter. And his tactics were pish.

I wonder what would have happened if there'd been a P&B BBS type thing (showing my age) around when Meadowbank fans were protesting against the move to Livingston. 

23 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Joined in 2007. As an Edinburgh City fan me and a mate used to enjoy spats with Spartans fans on here (including one Grimbo). They seem to be a bit quiet these days although their club hasn't changed its name for spurious reasons...

I like this site for covering the "minnows" that are generally ignored by the Scottish media. You might get a two line report on Inversneckie United sacking Dod McTumshie and it would be only by going on here that you might find out he'd been caught freebasing coke in bed with the Chairman's daughter. And his tactics were pish.

I wonder what would have happened if there'd been a P&B BBS type thing (showing my age) around when Meadowbank fans were protesting against the move to Livingston. 

Bill Hunter would've had it shut down.

21 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Gunther was the homophobe whose lack of mental dexterity turned a TV for sale joke into P&B gold.   

Edit: another moment I’ll never forget is Alan Shitsmith and Alex Fergusscum on the Leeds forum by some bloke in his 40s. 

I wonder if Gunther was married. He never mentioned that.

I joined P&B under another username when I was at uni, spent hours that should have been spent studying on here. Dont regret it though. 

I remember the Peterhead thing, that was superb. 

My favourite has always been the 10am pizza hut date thread with the spraying of aftershave in yer mouth etc. 

Also really enjoyed the Simpsons memes in the Tony thread. 

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

Thankfully, preserved in the Gold forum.

tl;dr - young Perthshire man's parents take him away on holiday to the Strathclyde Hilton, with the big daytrip being a visit to Ikea. Everything is covered in shit, and he almost dies of hunger/food poisoning.

For the area, sounds like borderline 3/4 stars on TripAdvisor.

Wasn't ICTChris's finest hour. Most uncharacteristic. 

Was he drunk? 

40 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Wasn't ICTChris's finest hour. Most uncharacteristic. 

Was he drunk? 

He did have a spell of including "I am a bad person" in almost every post.

It's always enlightening to discover an elderly thread and see how common insults like "mongol" and "tard" used to be.

29 minutes ago, BFTD said:

He did have a spell of including "I am a bad person" in almost every post.

It's always enlightening to discover an elderly thread and see how common insults like "mongol" and "tard" used to be.

Even back then, I had been supporting adults with Downs Syndrome for 20 years. 

9 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Even back then, I had been supporting adults with Downs Syndrome for 20 years. 

It might take a while, but folk are generally pretty good about cutting that shit out when it's pointed out as hurtful. Generally.

I presume St Johnstone's ultras aren't still called the 'M*ngo Army'  :shutup

31 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It might take a while, but folk are generally pretty good about cutting that shit out when it's pointed out as hurtful. Generally.

They were the Perth Pack back in my day

52 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Ayr United “black” threads were commonplace for years.  

50 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Alright, I'm too curious not to ask what this is about.

They would sing and post about "black bastirts" a lot of the time. Possibly still do.

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They were a speck in the distance most of the time.

@tree house tam. Everybody kens but you, yi cunt.

On 26/12/2022 at 17:41, PWL said:

I frequented the old Rivals Scottish Fitba forum before stumbling across P&B. 

On 26/12/2022 at 21:16, Cosmic Joe said:

I was an occasional poster on Scottish Fitba Mad. There were a few belters on there that would be binned immediately these days. 

That board was insane, almost every topic descended into Old Firm tit for tat, so much so that a sub forum had to be created to dump the threads into.

Joined in March 2008. A scary number of days/weeks/months lost to this place, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Still far more of a reader than a poster. 

Subcrawl 2 will be one of the finest days of my life, whatever happens here on in. On the boards, honourable mention goes to the wonderful but all too fleeting God that was Chigsy. Wonder what jail he's in now?

On 29/12/2022 at 16:50, BFTD said:

It was a name given to a certain area of fans, very apt at the time imo, by other Saints fans. They obviously didn't actually call themselves that.

Perth Pack, FCF, MBS and now FCU have  been the groups since the 60s/70s although the FCU are a completely different thing to actual idiots who love violence using the football to expend their anger.