Super Ayr Utd v Arbroath

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When was the last time a game was called off at Somerset due to weather? I remember an ICT game a Fri before Christmas a few seasons back. Cant remember one since 

Ayr v Morton on Feb 15th 2020, due to rain. it was absolutely soaking that morning to be fair. Easily forgotten given what happened the following month!

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Does Somerset Park not drain well? 

Tends to do okay, we've just had crazy torrential rain for most of the last few weeks. It's set to continue.

Edited by AuAl

Would rather the game goes ahead - Arbroath need to get some momentum going and get ready for the relegation dog fight which is coming.

Ayr are doing well, but these games have a habit of being unpredicable.

Attended the opening game of the season this year, but won't manage this week.

Score prediction - who knows, but losing is not an option for Arbroath.

19 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When would likely to play this if its postponed? 

Could do without another midweek game. We still have a game from Somerset in the league to be shown by the BBC so another night game would be pish 

Hopefully our game against Cove at home gets changed to the Friday night to suit TV as Scotland play  at Hampden on the Saturday afternoon 

Edited by Finlay21

4 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Sounds like you’ve seen us a few times this season?

Just the once, first game of season at Somerset when we played Arbroath. Was surprised at how underwhelming yous looked in that game. I thought after last season Arbroath would have been at least competing for mid-table/playoffs. 

Going a bit off topic for an Ayr v Arbroath thread but it's the Ayr v Cove Rangers game that clashes with the Scotland v Cyprus qualifier on 25th March.   Not much hope of that being on TV I wouldn't have thought.  I'd just assumed they would move KO time to avoid the clash but with it being Cove it might not be that easy as an earlier / later / Friday night KO might not be agreeable to them with the additional travel factored in.  

I’m looking forward to a visit to Somerset Park. Always a good away day.

All the odds on an easy home win. The Lichties have certainly strengthened but still to find any consistency. I expect yet another midfield shuffle. The Dundee victory showed we are capable of causing an upset.

If Dick is wearing his wellies then expect another of his pitch invasions.

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Going a bit off topic for an Ayr v Arbroath thread but it's the Ayr v Cove Rangers game that clashes with the Scotland v Cyprus qualifier on 25th March.   Not much hope of that being on TV I wouldn't have thought.  I'd just assumed they would move KO time to avoid the clash but with it being Cove it might not be that easy as an earlier / later / Friday night KO might not be agreeable to them with the additional travel factored in.  

Given Scotland kicks off at 2 I think an evening kick off (18:30?) Saturday night game at Somerset would be class.  

happy obama GIF by South Park