Kelty v Queens

Another difficult game for Queens .

Kelty have a lot of good experience players .

Hopefully we can get close to a full squad for this Wilson and Connelly must be close to coming back.

We really need a win to keep our faint play offs hopes alive.

3 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Another difficult game for Queens .

Kelty have a lot of good experience players .

Hopefully we can get close to a full squad for this Wilson and Connelly must be close to coming back.

We really need a win to keep our faint play offs hopes alive.

What would your starting 11 be if everyone was fit?

27 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

What would your starting 11 be if everyone was fit?

Dabrowski

Brydon P.McKay East

Gibson          Hendrie

Cochrane WilsonTodd

Paton Connelly 

If Wilson and Cochrane are not fit then McGrory and Kabia would come in.

Edited by Greenacres

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Looking forward to this one. Hope to see more high tempo football and a bit more cutting edge than on our last visit. 

That is what is missing from us  plenty of the ball but no goal threat hopefully Kabia or Connelly if fit can give us that .

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

That is what is missing from us  plenty of the ball but no goal threat hopefully Kabia or Connelly if fit can give us that .

Must be strange having a player top of the scoring list whilst not carrying a goal threat. 

10 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

First trip to Kelty for me.  Any thoughts from the hosts on the best place to get a bite to eat in the area.  Somewhere where tasty grub can be washed down with a beer preferred, though not essential.

Thanks in anticipation.

First trip for me too. So this and where is the best place to park? Thanks

Edited by TeeMan

12 minutes ago, TeeMan said:

First trip for me too. So this and where is the best place to park? Thanks

The ground itself is on the edge of a Community Sports Centre which is where they advise away fans to park. I'm not sure how busy it gets for a weekend game though. It was a Tuesday night when we were there last time. I'll leave comment on eating / drinking to the locals, I went straight to the ground.

Few wee cafes on Main Street but if it’s a pub lunch you’ll have to stop at Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline as apart from Ex serviceman’s club there is only one pub left The Kings and don’t  think it does grub, no restaurants in Kelty which is sad and someone missing a trick  here I think , might be hospitality available at Kelty hearts social club where you get match ticket , 6 drinks , food served throughout the day etc 

21 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Few wee cafes on Main Street but if it’s a pub lunch you’ll have to stop at Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline as apart from Ex serviceman’s club there is only one pub left The Kings and don’t  think it does grub, no restaurants in Kelty which is sad and someone missing a trick  here I think , might be hospitality available at Kelty hearts social club where you get match ticket , 6 drinks , food served throughout the day etc 

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Looking at Saturday's fixtures, this is a key opportunity for Queens (and for Kelty tbf).  Airdrie and Alloa have tough away fixtures at the top two (and could well drop points) and Montrose and Edinburgh play each other (can't both win obviously).  So a win could make up some ground in the mid-table battle ... there, I've well and truly jinxed this now ... apologies in advance!

This should be a good indicator of how much/if we've improved. A good couple of wins under Bartley but the reality is this lot managed that under WG. I only caught an hour of the Hamilton game but they did look far better. Given our record against Kelty, a win or draw would be a very encouraging sign. 

57 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This should be a good indicator of how much/if we've improved. A good couple of wins under Bartley but the reality is this lot managed that under WG. I only caught an hour of the Hamilton game but they did look far better. Given our record against Kelty, a win or draw would be a very encouraging sign. 

Marv seems happy that he's managed to up the tempo of game play and in training which should improve fitness and stamina. With all the recent  loanee signings plus hopefully Wilson and Connelly in contention I'm hopeful we can at last get the better of Kelty. 

As fans we like to speculate on the rest of the season, plot potential runs and look at all the permutations of what everyone else is up to. I know I do. 

However, I hope (and believe) Bartley has the team focused on one match a time - try to get three points - then move onto the next game.

Just try to collect as many points as we can and where that takes us by season's end we shall see.

As has been said - while signs are good and my optimism is up - Bartley's team hasn't really done anything results-wise that WG didn't - yet.