Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Distinct rumour mill suggesting Robertson reluctant to stand.  Come on Kate (Just as a punter mind).

I'm pleased about that, Gus would be continuity and that's not the answer.

Forbes is interesting, I wouldn’t have an issue with her as FM. I suspect for some they would find it difficult to reconcile her religious views with her political ones.

I'm keen on a reset but also solid governing - the SG has been meandering for a couple of years now (still better than Westminster mind) and need to get back to delivering for the people of Scotland.

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I've not felt that I'm getting any more conservative. I'm 55 so wondering when it's going to kick in.

Your 56th birthday. You'll just wake up a new man with new ideas about how the world ought to be run. You'll change your news subscriptions and radio channels. GB News will be your channel of choice. But, you won't realise you've changed. That's the trick. 

Auld Oaksoft was a pinko commie well into his 50s. Then...pooft. 

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Your 56th birthday. You'll just wake up a new man with new ideas about how the world ought to be run. You'll change your news subscriptions and radio channels. GB News will be your channel of choice. But, you won't realise you've changed. That's the trick. 

Auld Oaksoft was a pinko commie well into his 50s. Then...pooft. 

I've got just under a year to start the revolution then.

Jan 23rd next year or it's not happening.

Who's with me on the barricades. Comrades? You've nothing to lose but your chains.

Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho.

Edited by Suspect Device

6 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I've got just under a year to start the revolution then.

Jan 23rd next year or it's not happening.

Who's with me on the barricades. Comrades? You've nothing to lose but your chains.

Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho.

I'll join you on the barricades if you bring the sandwiches. 

41 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm pleased about that, Gus would be continuity and that's not the answer.

Forbes is interesting, I wouldn’t have an issue with her as FM. I suspect for some they would find it difficult to reconcile her religious views with her political ones.

Shouty Kate has no problem setting aside her religious views.  The letter to the Galatians may well say, "In Christ there's neither Jew nor Greek" but that doesn't stop her wanting to separate Scotland from  England.

Edited by The_Kincardine

47 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I'd actually like it to go to Forbes.

I'm no SNP or independence supporter, but we need to realise that the next SNP leader is the new FM, for all Scots.

We should stop painting those with socially conservative views as bad people.  Plenty folk oppose abortion, myself included, and it's a valid view to hold that can be backed up by sound logic, especially given the scanning technology we now have.

Salmond is asked about KF's Christian views at the 9:22 mark, and does a good job of explaining how she could play it.

Never mind the religious side, I just can't see a 32 year old being first minister, would that not make her the youngest elected national ( I know, I know) leader in the world? 

41 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Shouty Kate has no problem setting aside her religious views.  The letter to the Galatians may well say, "In Christ there's neither Jew nor Greek" but that doesn't stop her wanting to separate Scotland from  England.

Nor does it stop your beloved UK government separating the Irish from the Irish.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're not on his level, but I enjoy your Trumpian habit of giving people silly little nicknames.

We love it folks.

Edited by Bodie

Just now, Bodie said:

Your not on his level, but I enjoy your Trumpian habit of giving people silly little nicknames.

We love it folks.

Leave him alone! 
The members at the golf club will be up in arms about Jockland interrupting their newsfeed, having to put up with Nippy. They take it out on the glass collector & then he takes it out on us, it’s unfortunate but such is life. 

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Public spat between Cherry and Wishart.  "SNP  - The Banter Years" in the offing.

For a politician Cherry is very thin skinned.

Whilst not condoning Wishart (he is an arse) I'm also struggling to see the misogyny in his post.

Cherry has an ego the size of Everest.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Whilst not condoning Wishart (he is an arse) I'm also struggling to see the misogyny in his post.

There isn’t any but she may be alluding to something else in a further reply. 

BCD645E7-BEF3-4D49-831A-6D2B791ED0D2.thumb.png.7ceb060faa8c31edd4d6141a292878a5.png

Or she could just be pulling her crybully act (in both responses, potentially) because it’s literally all she knows how to do anymore. I can also confirm that Graeme Clark, whoever he is, has a timeline that is literally nothing but RTs of prominent transphobes; glad I was sitting down for that one. 

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Kick both of them out the party. Simples.

homer simpson leave GIF

Re: Forbes, there’s a whole world of difference between “I don’t agree with abortion but it’s an issue of individual morality rather than state intervention”, and “I think abortion should be illegal”

The latter would likely be considered unfit for office in Scotland but the former should not. 

Forbes is a good speaker, I think she would be good in the role. For me at the moment Forbes and McAllan look like the best contenders. If they even stand and then it depends on what their ideas are, who sounds the most prepared. It will be interesting to hear different view on how to move forward. I hope they arent all going to say the same basically.

Some positivity about the future too would go a long way as its been lacking the last couple years

Edited by ScotiaNostra