Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, BMG Spider said:

Mhairi Black would be my first choice, but whilst she's down at Westminster that's a non-starter.  Leaves Angus Robertson as probably the best choice of those currently in the Scottish Parliament

She would be my first choice also, as that would resign the SNP/Indy movement to the annals of history.

Got on the lovely Kate at 2.15 for a max bet (restricted) at 11/2.  Decent value as now about 2/1

Saying that Hills were thick as fook.  Douglas Ross and various other tories were all about 25s

Screenshot_20230216_215126_Chrome.jpg

Edited by superbigal

I'll probably vote for Robertson as the safest pair of hands but I won't be delighted about it.

I'd be astounded (so it will probably happen) if an MP was elected or John Swinney stood.

Cherry won't stand. She's a shitebag and who knows she can't win and won't want the humiliation of getting about 10% support so she'll put up some puppet like Ash Denham.

Swinney is catastrophically bald and Yousaf cannot ride a 3 wheeled scooter. Immediate disqualification please.

Between Forbes and Robertson then. Forbes should win if she can keep a lid on the religious crankery.

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Why all the hate for Humza?

While Health Secretary is a bit of a poisoned chalice that leaves very few politicians coming out unscathed, his performances across all his cabinet posts have permanently tainted him.

While he was still a backbencher there was a rising star reputation around him, but the disappearance of that once he came into contact with significant responsibilities is probably a warning sign about going for inexperienced candidates who might end up with a similar shortage of competence.

Noticed on my MSN clickbait this morning that the Telegraph are calling for an election to be held once the new FM is in place. Seems fair enough to me. We can't say that Rishi has no democratic mandate then do exactly the same ourselves.

Would show how much the SNP vote is for independence and how much was for the personality.

15 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Noticed on my MSN clickbait this morning that the Telegraph are calling for an election to be held once the new FM is in place. Seems fair enough to me. We can't say that Rishi has no democratic mandate then do exactly the same ourselves.

Would show how much the SNP vote is for independence and how much was for the personality.

Thats a good discussion point, not sure if I agree or disagree with it at the moment. I would need to think about it more but its the sort of discussion points that are needed and more importantly what would be next steps after that if that was the next move. In my opinion we either up the ante and take a risk and go all in for independence in the short term or we decide that we take a longer more incremental approach that starts to gather more devolved powers now and going forward until the step to indy becomes smaller and smaller.

Id go with either if a good inspiring leader lays it out and it sounds achieveable and you can see a strong united backing forming around it with growing momentum

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

We've got a fixed term Parliament with proportional representation and MSPs of all parties have to vote in a new First Minister. It's not the same as Westminster and would require a re-writing of the constitution.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We've got a fixed term Parliament with proportional representation and MSPs of all parties have to vote in a new First Minister. It's not the same as Westminster and would require a re-writing of the constitution.

Cheers for that info. Must have missed that bit when I was learning about the Scottish Parliament last term in my politics course. Doh!

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

Cheers for that info. Must have missed that bit when I was learning about the Scottish Parliament last term in my politics course. Doh!

To be honest John Sweeney just explained it minutes ago on Radio Scotland.. :lol: