Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Whoever ends up on FMQs next week will be shitting themselves if they've been watching Sturgeon's last session. Brutal stuff.

Is DRoss the big dog of the Parliament now?

Bet she wishes she’d given that Ferries contract to some other firm. 

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Is DRoss the big dog of the Parliament now?

Bet she wishes she’d given that Ferries contract to some other firm. 

He had an open goal on that with the committee report on the debacle just out, and barely mentioned it. He's such a numpty.

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Whoever ends up on FMQs next week will be shitting themselves if they've been watching Sturgeon's last session. Brutal stuff.

All they need do is give honest answers unlike NS’s delusional take on how wonderful everything is.

As we have seen with KF, being honest gets you a long, long, way.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He had an open goal on that with the committee report on the debacle just out, and barely mentioned it. He's such a numpty.

They managed to get a bit of that on the news there. Then it moved on to Nicola trying to do her own political eulogy of everything being fairer now. Aye hen, whatever.

Think she got something right on that news segment when she said her legacy was showing that a woman can hold the highest office in Scotland. Can’t deny her that. Well done to her there.

Anyway, next!

Edited by Scary Bear

Not particularly keen on any of them and can only see whoever wins being in charge for a year max. I'd probably rather Kate Forbes tho, reckon she might grow into the job. She will have the awful Scottish media bringing up her beliefs every chance they get to contend with. 

I'm assuming humza is going to win but there's just something unlikeable about the man.

20 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Incredibly, given this shitshow, the SNP are gaining in the polls. Greens up too.

Is it? Ross is a chunt and the UK version of his party pretty unspeakable, Sarwar is a chunt and Starmer is unexciting, Cole-Hamilton is a chunt full stop and the glorious UK ship of state has a large Brexit shaped hole letting in water keeping independence a favourable prospect for many 

I heard some SNP members talking about how they voted on R4 on the drive home. Each were members voting for each different candidate.

The Humza voting one even suggesting in a binary choice they would choose more progressive policies over independence. Also saying that they'd find it hard to stay in the party if Forbes was leader.

The Regan supporter was enthused by her strategy for independence and praised the energy at a campaign event in Stonehaven.

The Forbes voter seemed to appreciate her honesty, financial sustainability and went on about Angela Merkel a wee bit.

Altogether a bizarre segment I thought.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Which ones are you looking at?

image.png.ce6be5464e49478b92b746c3a5f01561.png

I tend to use WhatScotlandThinks which shows all polls rather than cherry picking. Unless I was looking at Westminster voting intention, the yellow line was decisively down and the red one decisively up.

Edit - Also below from BallotBoxScot, which was my general sense that the SNP vote share is down circa 5%...

Screenshot_20230323_184938_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3bd639510c4de4391b6eba769b15a055.jpg

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I tend to use WhatScotlandThinks which shows all polls rather than cherry picking. Unless I was looking at Westminster voting intention, the yellow line was decisively down and the red one decisively up.

The one above was Scottish Parliament, not Westminster.

I think the point is that @Crùbagwasnt talking shite, nor were his polls "upside down".

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The one above was Scottish Parliament, not Westminster.

I think the point is that @Crùbagwasnt talking shite, nor were his polls "upside down".

I take it you missed the BallotBoxScot tweet? Individual polls are pretty much meaningless. The trend from multiple polls is what is meaningful.

Unless BallotBoxScot is wrong with 5% down, I think my point stands.

Edited by Trogdor