Spain (a) in October

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed. I regularly comfortably reach for a ball the other side of a 6ft 4 man standing relatively passively right in front of me. 

Honestly, the ability of fans to not see what they dont want to see is endless.

The offside itself is very tight. The only angle I saw looks just off. I assume they've got the lines right. But if he is offside, he's definitely interfering.

But if he's onside it's not interfering? Make it make sense.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

Yes; but then what for? Hendry does nothing to foul the keeper. If you think a raised arm constitutes a foul, think you should go watch Basketball instead.

Nobody here thinks it was a foul. The ref, on the other hand, did.

Why? F**k knows.

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I called offside as soon as I got a 2nd look. The keeper cannot go for the ball with 6ft 4 of offside centre back between him and it. No amount of frustrated red dotting changes that. I dont WANT it to be offside but it is.

That’s all well good but he made the sign for a FOUL not offside.

He’s pointed for a free kick against Scotland. 

You point then bring your arm up for offside / indirect free kick, and he hasn’t done that.

Ref done the same gesture when Rangers thought they scored against Celtic. (And they cheered because, like you, they don’t understand  the hand signals)

Edited by stressball

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I know the last one was only a friendly, but when you think of Robertson against England and Hickey tonight, that is two astonishing gifts we've presented.  You wouldn't expect to give goals away that cheaply twice in a decade, and we've done it in a month.

He fucking slipped on the wet surface you miserable c**t

So, basically, they didn’t know at the time why it shouldn’t be given, but it wasn’t given, just ‘cos? Sound. 

We rode our luck to f*ck tonight, but it is hard not to feel pissed off. Still, we gave it everything. Just need to move on to the next match now.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

Yes; but then what for? Hendry does nothing to foul the keeper. If you think a raised arm constitutes a foul, think you should go watch Basketball instead.

I don't. I'm agreeing with you. Didn't word it that well

4 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Not one Spaniard claimed for an offside or foul. Keeper never even raised an arm. 
reeks of the VAR team desperately trying to come up with any reason to disallow that goal. 
canny no have Spain at the euros you know. 

Tbf the Spanish keeper did get booked for dissent after it which I wasn't aware of 

Screenshot_20231012_221252_Flashscore.jpg

Serious question, how do we get rid of VAR from the Scottish game (obviously can’t do anything internationally). It kills the game and I fucking hate it. You always here ‘aye but it’s not going anywhere’ - but why? Fans threatening to not buy season tickets stopped the The **** getting parachuted into the premiership. Can fans do similar to make clubs vote to get rid?