Spain (a) in October

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You’re right - it IS a conspiracy to screw Scotland.

I didn't mention "conspiracy" whatsoever, I was presenting the truth of what happened.

Take this "conspiracy" pish to the Celtic or Rangers threads, or get it to f**k.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh. You dont think thats offside then? 

I have no idea why the ref appears to signal a direct free kick. Maybe he lost the plot and made the wrong signal. But its offside.

I said immediately if its given for a foul then its an absolute nonsense. Thats still the case.

As about 20 other people have already said that you’ve ignored completely, UEFA confirmed that it was given as a foul. Then about 20 mins later, presumably after watching it back a hundred times and realising that the referee has absolutely fucked it, have changed their minds to it being offside. You’re either being an idiot or deliberately obtuse in refusing to acknowledge this.

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Seriously though, its offside. Are we all watching this with blue tinted specs on? If that happens at the other end we're all screaming offside. He standing offside and he stops Simon getting to the ball. He's 100% interfering.

I don’t want to join the red dot pile on, but that’s some take. Simon didn’t even try to make a save, I suspect he thought it was going past. Also his challenge on Robertson showed he’s not exactly afraid to challenge for the ball. If Spain score that I wonder if it would have been disallowed.

John McGinn's account of this is pretty damning, and he's nothing to gain or lose by lying about it. If the ref HAS told him he's chalked off the goal for a foul (and ALL the evidence points to this), then it's a MAJOR blunder by the VAR team, or whoever it was who confirmed it was given for offside instead. 

I'm not buying what will be the official line of "it was given for offside but the ref didn't make the correct signal"  but if that some how is the case then it's just fucking incompetent, it's not heat of the moment, he's just spent 2 minutes discussing why it's disallowed. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Then, because it was given as a foul, which has been confirmed by John McGinn, you now agree it was absolute nonsense. 

I've never said otherwise. There's clearly been a horrendous communications mix up somewhere whatever they gave. IF they gave a foul thats an absolute joke of a decision. 

He is interfering with play though so if offside (which it appears he was) then it should be ruled out.

Just now, kingjoey said:

No idea what they're doing, but the facts are that they've changed their original decision. 

Which, according to Mike Dean in his argument with that p***k Merson, is something they are not allowed to do. IT'S THE LAW!!!!