The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Surely there is no way Regan would've got that motion passed.  I was just typing out that there's no way Yousaf would've ended the Bute House Agreement over that but everyone seems to have gone tonto so maybe that was it.

Anyway, Ash Regan's list of demands should be a hoot.

If there's one thing Scotland's been missing, it's our very own Marjorie Taylor Greene.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are we at the behest of the Rainbow Greens now?

This is why I quit the greens years ago. I support gay and trans rights, but the Rainbow Greens completely usurped the policy focus from environmental issues.

The Greens were fucked as soon as they agreed the EGM. Patrick Harvie has avoided having to resign by losing a membership vote so he shouldn’t be greeting so much. 

Murdo Fraser tweeting that Yousaf will resign tomorrow, Neil Gray to take over.

Whether Murdo Fraser tweeting something makes it more or less likely to be true, that's not for me to say.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Whether Murdo Fraser tweeting something makes it more or less likely to be true, that's not for me to say.

If Murdo Fraser tweeted it was raining, I’d have to look out the window 

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Resigning before the VONC seems an incredibly Humza thing to do. 4d chess baby.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The BBC summary on their website has mentioned a couple of times that the Cass Review, on gender related healthcare for children and young people in NHS England, is a factor in the break but I haven't heard anyone actually say that in any of the statements, which I admittedly haven't listened to start to finish.

Is there any indication that the Cass Review, and more specifically the NHS Scotland response to it, is a factor in what's happened today?  I can't see any but it's there on the BBC site, or it certainly was there.

It's one of about a dozen factors from a green perspective of SNP sabotaging bute house.

Being ineffectual, and appearing to be losing to other factions of his party, and trying to unify their support might be one part.

Or maybe, he just thought that keir starmer seems to be really popular right now, so the SNP should do more of what he's doing?

3 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

It's one of about a dozen factors from a green perspective of SNP sabotaging bute house.

Being ineffectual, and appearing to be losing to other factions of his party, and trying to unify their support might be one part.

Or maybe, he just thought that keir starmer seems to be really popular right now, so the SNP should do more of what he's doing?

Can you identify where in the BHA it stated that the SNP would ignore an objective fact-based review of child healthcare provision if the conclusions don't match up with Greens' garbage identity politics hot take?

Seems a kinda strange thing to bake into a deal nearly three years beforehand. 

Some quotes from Lorna Slater on Good Morning Scotland

“The first minister decided to end the Bute House agreement very suddenly. Even 48-hours before he was saying the Bute House agreement was worth its weight in gold and take a very different tag,

“We had been a very stable progressive government. As things unravel rapidly, I think it will become clear that the Greens were the glue holding stable governance together in Scotland.

“Whether he can hold a government together now, I don’t know."

and on working with the Scottish Government again

We could have that conversation again and, you know, nobody has reached out to us in any way to try and change our minds so we’ll have to see how events develop.

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Obviously reviewing the feedback from folk they thought would back them just laughing at how seething Patrick Harvey was, they are trying to save a bit of face. 

I remember during Covid Cosgrove wrote a column for the National about how much he loved watching the daily press conferences at the time because Sturgeon would "put the journalists in their place".  he might have said Unionist journalists but I can't recall that level of detail.  This was at a time that hundreds were dying every day in Scotland but the main thing for Stuart was that he could sit and watch people he hated being "put in their place".  Complete self absorption.

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Anyway, Ash Regan's list of demands should be a hoot.

The SNP to refuse to stand a candidate in two constituencies in 2026, said constituencies to be chosen by Alex Salmond and Ash Regan, and the thermometer.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The SNP to refuse to stand a candidate in two constituencies in 2026, said constituencies to be chosen by Alex Salmond and Ash Regan, and the thermometer.

I was going to post something about them demanding Nicola Sturgeon be expelled from the SNP as a joke but I honestly think that might be fairly realistic.

43 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

She is a total and utter buffoon. Should have been emptied after the disaster of the deposit scheme, she made a complete fanny of herself in numerous interviews.

14 hours ago, Laid Back Maverick said:

If Murdo Fraser tweeted it was raining, I’d have to look out the window 

I wouldn't bother. I'd just get the shorts and T shirt on.