Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

13 hours ago, houston_bud said:

There's a symbolism to it, but the reality is it is no different from not turning up. Nobody cares about spoilt ballots. The winner still wins, the losers still lose.

Save yourself the petrol (or the shoe leather) and stay at home.

I've spoiled my ballot once maybe twice (I forget). Maybe it makes us feel better but, ultimately, it achieves nothing.

They don't care because not enough people do it, just like nobody cared about the SNP or the loony fruitloop EU BAD parties until people started to see them as a viable option. Stay at home and they will quite rightly assume that you don't care.

On 31/10/2023 at 17:44, GNU_Linux said:

Never knew the motorhome was an EV.

As it has been parked at the friends of the family home and used as a extension I assume it's connected to the house electricity supply so has been 100% green for last 12 months.

On 30/10/2023 at 23:08, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’ve not been following this story closely 

has anyone actually been charged with anything 

No.  Two most likely outcomes:

1. Charges just before GE.

2. Case dropped without charges after GE.

22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

No.  Two most likely outcomes:

1. Charges just before GE.

2. Case dropped without charges after GE.

The Murgeons themselves could have cleared this up months ago by answering the question: Where's the ringfenced 600k?

Unless of course the answer was "urrr spent it mate".

1 hour ago, orfc said:

The Murgeons themselves could have cleared this up months ago by answering the question: Where's the ringfenced 600k?

As I'm sure you are aware, @Orfc, it's up to the prosecution to prove beyond reasonable doubt that an  offence has been committed. The defence doesn't have to prove innocence.

If the prosecution was in a position to prove guilt, the potential defendants should have been charged. The fact that no-one has been charged suggests that the prosecutor does not have that necessary evidence at this time.

8 hours ago, orfc said:

If it were just about spending supposedly ring-fenced monies it probably would have been over months ago. 

The investigation has gone way beyond this though which indicates It's much more serious than that.

6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If it were just about spending supposedly ring-fenced monies it probably would have been over months ago. 

The investigation has gone way beyond this though which indicates It's much more serious than that.

What leads you to that conclusion?

8 hours ago, virginton said:

What leads you to that conclusion?

From what we've been told, they aren't just investigating about the ringfenced monies but wider SNP finances and expenditure - money supposedly spent on campaigning but may have been on personal use.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

52 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

From what we've been told, they aren't just investigating about the ringfenced monies but wider SNP finances and expenditure - money supposedly spent on campaigning but may have been on personal use.

However, the people who are generally telling us are almost exclusively zoomers on Twitter. Effie Deans, Agent P, Thomas Ingram and Wings.  

33 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

The MSM who uncritically publish every smear put out by the Tories?

I'm no fan of the MSM - but they generally report what is happening in police investigations. Yes, it's sensationalised but if you look at the actual facts it's clear that the investigation is looking way beyond the ringfenced monies.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

43 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

Can someone tell me whether it was necessary to arrest Sturgeon et al in order to interview them under caution? I know it isn't necessary in England and Wales, but don't know if that's the case up here. Ta.

It is if you want to make headlines.

58 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

Can someone tell me whether it was necessary to arrest Sturgeon et al in order to interview them under caution? I know it isn't necessary in England and Wales, but don't know if that's the case up here. Ta.

I believe people can still be invited to attend a Police interview voluntarily even as a suspect, but in general, and certainly in cases like this, arrest seems to be the way they go.  Used to be common practice for interviews to take place without solicitors present, but that seems to be a big no no now (ECHR based court decisions etc) unless the suspect specifically decides they do not want one present.  I would imagine Police Scotland will have wanted a high profil;e case like this done by the book namely arrest and a caution and interview with the suspects legal team present.  I'd think the cops investigating will ultimately submit a report to the Crown Office for their (the Crown Office) decision re charges etc.  Then the fun will begin!!