Tinpot moments in Scottish politics

ICTChris

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

In terms of criminality you may be correct.  The damage to independence and the lack of governance at the party of government is undeniable.

One of the things it no doubt shows and is what a lot of people said for years. You cannot have a husband and wife in the top 2 roles of the SNP. That was such a 2-bit move that its incredible to think it was even allowed by the party. What a feck up that act was.

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

When Police Scotland finally decide if there are charges (or not), some people are going to look silly regards their presumptions of guilt or innocence.

Exactly.

To quote a weel kent Dundee phrase..." Folk should shut their pus."

16 minutes ago, strichener said:

In terms of criminality you may be correct.  The damage to independence and the lack of governance at the party of government is undeniable.

Its totally deniable as evidenced by THE most recent polls.

Dont believe me?.....have a listen to the media go to' polls guru' ..Prof. John Curtice.

2 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Its totally deniable as evidenced by THE most recent polls.

Dont believe me?.....have a listen to the media go to' polls guru' ..Prof. John Curtice.

What date are you voting in the next Independence referendum?  Do tell.

On 14/06/2023 at 20:56, Zern said:

Well there's this guy. Calls himself an MP sometimes, an call himself an MSP on other occasions. Sometimes he even say's he's a leader.

(1) Appears to be claiming two Full-time salaries plus expenses, but also appears to be moonlighting at the football for the most part. Not sure how that works exactly.

(2) Won't release his full tax returns.

(3) Looks shifty. 

(1) He donates his MSP salary to charity

(2) Are you sure - What's this?

(3) Agreed

1 out of 3 is quite the achievement, well done.  Anyway you can always take your own advise if you believe that there is criminality that needs to be investigated -

On 14/06/2023 at 18:51, Zern said:

If you have any accusations that are worthy of any consideration you may address them to:

Contact Police Scotland - Police Scotland

Trivia: Ross is the second Conservative MP/MSP.  Which party in Scotland has had the most MP/MSP jobbers in parliamentary sessions?

10 hours ago, strichener said:

(1) He donates his MSP salary to charity

(2) Are you sure - What's this?

(3) Agreed

1 out of 3 is quite the achievement, well done.  Anyway you can always take your own advise if you believe that there is criminality that needs to be investigated -

Trivia: Ross is the second Conservative MP/MSP.  Which party in Scotland has had the most MP/MSP jobbers in parliamentary sessions?

1) That is his claim, i would like see some proof that he has done this. Full tax returns would assist.

2) That not his FULL tax returns.

That is 1 year of tax out of the many years he has been in Parliament.

But thankyou for demonstrating that he is neither open or honest about his taxes.

• 1 month later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-66470026

Great resignation speeches in history

Geoffrey Howe

That is why I have resigned. In doing so, I have done what I believe to be right for my party and my country. The time has come for others to consider their own response to the tragic conflict of loyalties with which I have myself wrestled for perhaps too long

Robin Cook

From the start of the present crisis, I have insisted, as Leader of the House, on the right of this place to vote on whether Britain should go to war. It has been a favourite theme of commentators that this House no longer occupies a central role in British politics. Nothing could better demonstrate that they are wrong than for this House to stop the commitment of troops in a war that has neither international agreement nor domestic support. I intend to join those tomorrow night who will vote against military action now. It is for that reason, and for that reason alone, and with a heavy heart, that I resign from the Government.

Aneurin Bevan

We have gone a long way—a very long way—against great difficulties. Do not let us change direction now. Let us make it clear, quite clear, to the rest of the world that we stand where we stood, that we are not going to allow ourselves to be diverted from our path by the exigencies of the immediate situation. We shall do what is necessary to defend ourselves—defend ourselves by arms, and not only with arms but with the spiritual resources of our people.

Angus MacNeil

He also tweeted a kangaroo emoji in an apparent reference to the conduct committee.

14 minutes ago, orfc said:

So argument with whip = oot ye go

Under investigation by plod for Father Ted style financial irregularities  = nah mate that's sound, you stay in

An investigation doesn't automatically equate to guilt, which is why there have still been no charges despite the Brit propaganda machine getting it's knickers wet with big headlines.

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I was at that venue for a Darren McGarvey show on Saturday, and what the stage manager says about the lighting is correct.

Cherry is being shown up as an attention seeking crybaby, championed in this fabrication by - another - walloper, Kevin McKenna.

eta - I see Linehan has also been "cancelled" from an event in Leith.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/aug/15/edinburgh-venue-cancels-graham-linehan-event-complaints

If I were a cynic, I may be thinking that Linehan booked this show (nothing to do with the festival or fringe) with the express wish that it is cancelled so he can moan about it and jump on the Joanna Cherry bandwagon........

Edited by Leith Green

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I was at that venue for a Darren McGarvey show on Saturday, and what the stage manager says about the lighting is correct.

Cherry is being shown up as an attention seeking crybaby, championed in this fabrication by - another - walloper, Kevin McKenna.

eta - I see Linehan has also been "cancelled" from an event in Leith.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/aug/15/edinburgh-venue-cancels-graham-linehan-event-complaints

If I were a cynic, I may be thinking that Linehan booked this show (nothing to do with the festival or fringe) with the express wish that it is cancelled so he can moan about it and jump on the Joanna Cherry bandwagon........

Well when you take into account the fact that the promoters of the gig booked it without expressly stating that Linehan would feature, and instead only promised a 'mystery guest', you can see why the Arches might feel they've been led up the garden path. I doubt a firm 'no' at the time of booking, rather than a much later cancellation once it became apparent exactly who the guest was would look anywhere near as contentious, so it does stink of an attempt to manufacture a grievance.

I don't see how anyone can credibly claim that a private venue refusing to host a man who has been wantonly throwing around accusations of specific individuals being 'groomers' and 'paedophiles', and declaring entire groups of people to be a front for paedophilia, can be acting unfairly. It's not as if he can even play the 'genuine concerns' card with any sincerity, since he also goes out of his way to mock, belittle, and parody the same people.