The Final Battle - Queen's Park vs Dundee FC - 05/05/2023

26 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

If you read my post, it’s about teams not giving old firm tickets in a league above us. Literally a bigger league with bigger teams. You’re thick as fu ck. 

I read your post. Snotters and tears throughout.

Chomp down hard cunto.

So - back to the game as someone suggested. From the perspective of us Morton supporters, we reckon that whoever wins the game will be champions. We’ve remained neutral throughout by giving both of yous an equally hard time during each of our 4 meetings this season.

And - errrrm ……….. that’s about it.

Good luck to both Queens and Dees on the night.

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You are correct sir.

I should've phrased that it was before P&B was relevant or "before JD" (Before johnnydun).

I can get behind jigging the Gregorian Calendar from BC/AD to BJD/AJD

Anyway back to the fitba.......

I really can't call how this game is going to go. FWIW I expect QP to come out flying and hoping to score the first goal. Coyle will know that forcing Dundee to chase the game doesn't suit us and will be right up his street. The success, or failure, of the Dees bid to win the league will depend on what mood the defence are in on Friday night. 

If Dundee can nick the first goal then QP will have to be even more gung ho and that will provide further opportunities for goals on the counter. Then again Coyle may play it a wee bit more cagey and be prepared to score the first goal in the last 15 knowing we won't come back.

Only thing certain is that me and many others from both camps will be watching with severe trepidation.

13 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

ONLY 40/1? ... Unlucky

image.png.fb83a0fe2d3dc1fd8a482fbccfc25a03.png

Someone with no morals would suggest that you place a covering bet to guarantee yourself a profit, even in the event of a worst case scenario. Certainly wouldn’t be me suggesting it, though. 

26 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Anyway back to the fitba.......

I really can't call how this game is going to go. FWIW I expect QP to come out flying and hoping to score the first goal. Coyle will know that forcing Dundee to chase the game doesn't suit us and will be right up his street. The success, or failure, of the Dees bid to win the league will depend on what mood the defence are in on Friday night. 

If Dundee can nick the first goal then QP will have to be even more gung ho and that will provide further opportunities for goals on the counter. Then again Coyle may play it a wee bit more cagey and be prepared to score the first goal in the last 15 knowing we won't come back.

Only thing certain is that me and many others from both camps will be watching with severe trepidation.

We have had Queens Parks number in head to heads this season. If we play like we did in previous fixtures we don't lose this. 

However this isn't like the other games with a cup final feel to it. We need to be ready for Queens giving this everything and it would be very Dundee to not stand up to the occasion. Fellow Dee fans may not like this but I'd be playing a 4-5-1...We need some control in this game and the last thing you want is making this end to end.

59 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

We have had Queens Parks number in head to heads this season. If we play like we did in previous fixtures we don't lose this. 

However this isn't like the other games with a cup final feel to it. We need to be ready for Queens giving this everything and it would be very Dundee to not stand up to the occasion. Fellow Dee fans may not like this but I'd be playing a 4-5-1...We need some control in this game and the last thing you want is making this end to end.

If you score first, it’s probably over. We’ve scored two goals in six games. 

13 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Think this will be a victory for the bigger club.

You know, the one with the bigger record attendance, won the most trophies, owns their own stadium …

That's odd.

Usually trophies won before a certain date are never counted with you Fermer types.

13 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Think this will be a victory for the bigger club.

You know, the one with the bigger record attendance, won the most trophies, owns their own stadium …

Hmmm, You could be right. Let me see, ignoring the diddy leagues Dundee have one league, one Scottish Cup, 3 League Cups, one Challenge Cup and a Centenary Cup. That's 7.

Queen's Park have 10 Scottish Cups. Definitely the bigger club

Tbh, Dundee should have won their recent game against us, thankfully they had no player up front capable of finishing, great wing work and really good crosses into the box but that was that it so if they repeat that plus they haven't obviously signed any strikers since it could well be that QP will win this.

Plus, and it's a big plus we have Queens to thank for allowing us to make good money in the SC.

13 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Playing against a big team for the big league, if you can't suck it up, probably best back down to league 2, getting pumped by Albion Rovers and Stranraer.

If Dundee fans are basing being a “big team” on major trophies won 60+ years ago then I’m sure QP would have a legitimate claim to say they are bigger based on trophies won 120+ years ago.

ETA - As always, I see this has already been covered.

Edited by Sortmeout

1 hour ago, BMG Spider said:

Hmmm, You could be right. Let me see, ignoring the diddy leagues Dundee have one league, one Scottish Cup, 3 League Cups, one Challenge Cup and a Centenary Cup. That's 7.

Queen's Park have 10 Scottish Cups. Definitely the bigger club

That's The Joke: Image Gallery (List View) | Know Your Meme

19 hours ago, Zanetti said:

No, that's incorrect.

The original plan was for the away support to be housed behind the opposite goal. The terrace which Dundee fans are now in was to be used for Queen's Park fans.

Due to your club's whinging, and the SPFL inexplicably forcing a bigger allocation, this had to be swapped. As a result the number of home tickets has been massively limited and a lot of people are now going to miss out.

Zanetti, I asked you before, where you got this information from and you have not answered my question re having the Dundee fans behind the east goals. Where does this idea come from? Is it a big secret that you cannot share with a ST holder?

You have to worry about the future for Haughey's vanity project when the club can't organise a match without making a pig's ear out of things. 

Could be chaotic IF they reach the top division.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Zanetti, I asked you before, where you got this information from and you have not answered my question re having the Dundee fans behind the east goals. Where does this idea come from? Is it a big secret that you cannot share with a ST holder?

I didn't see your previous post. It's not a secret, I heard it from someone who's directly involved with the club behind the scenes.