Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

13 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Have it around 32/90 clubs that are either against or have ongoing fan consultations.

Definitely still winnable for the Good Guys

How many clubs need to vote against it for it to be rejected?

Surely a majority?  So 46/90 IMO.

Edit - Unless there's an abstain option too of course.

Edited by TheScarf

58 minutes ago, virginton said:

As a 'fan owned club' it is incumbent on them to empty all the board representatives who signed off on that snivelling nonsense at the next available opportunity though. Distancing yourself on Twitter is not enough.  

Well, yes, fair point.

30 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

How many clubs need to vote against it for it to be rejected?

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Surely a majority?  So 46/90 IMO.

Edit - Unless there's an abstain option too of course.

According to Stephen McGowan in the Mail:

"To pass muster the new competition needs 55 of the 102 member clubs to vote in favour."

That's not a simple majority, unless there is an assumption that the 7 affiliated FAs with a vote will not support the resolution, hence 55 out of 109 votes(?).

2 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Yes, I think people are being a little harsh on Clyde per se. Clearly their officials are cosily nesting in the OF pocket, but many of their fans aren't happy. Twitter is often not a representative sample, but I hope this is.

93% against so far after 54 votes, so fingers crossed we will be rejecting the proposals.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

According to Stephen McGowan in the Mail:

"To pass muster the new competition needs 55 of the 102 member clubs to vote in favour."

That's not a simple majority, unless there is an assumption that the 7 affiliated FAs with a vote will not support the resolution, hence 55 out of 109 votes(?).

There is no assumption. Its a simple majority of 55 out of 109 votes.

I have seen 108 mentioned as the number of total possible votes, so 55 fits on that angle to break the potential tie. Think 102 is wrong on the number of clubs. 42 + 18 + 16 + 16 = 92 by my calculation, then there are also the regional FAs, affiliated national FAs etc beyond that for the extra 16 votes.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

The SFA look to be getting their revenge in early for the likely conference vote. Also from the Mail.

From season 2024/25, clubs contesting the promotion play-off between the winners of the Lowland and Highland Leagues will be required to reach Bronze level in SFA licensing.

The new criteria stipulate a minimum of 100 seats in a stadium and a covered area for 500 fans. Failure to come up to scratch could see teams denied promotion.

All Lowland and Highland League team outwith Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath and Cumbernauld Colts fall short of the level required currently and will require investment in facilities.

A number of clubs in the senior leagues, including Airdrie, Bonnyrigg Rose, Cove Rangers, FC Edinburgh and Kelty Hearts also fail to meet the Bronze level criteria and have now been given 12 months’ grace to meet the required level.

"A number of clubs in the senior leagues, including Airdrie, Bonnyrigg Rose, Cove Rangers, FC Edinburgh and Kelty Hearts also fail to meet the Bronze level criteria and have now been given 12 months’ grace to meet the required level."

Other than them once again not understanding what "senior" means, I wonder what would be wrong with Airdrie's ground then? From my trips there I can't see what would be the issue? 

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

"A number of clubs in the senior leagues, including Airdrie, Bonnyrigg Rose, Cove Rangers, FC Edinburgh and Kelty Hearts also fail to meet the Bronze level criteria and have now been given 12 months’ grace to meet the required level."

Other than them once again not understanding what "senior" means, I wonder what would be wrong with Airdrie's ground then? From my trips there I can't see what would be the issue? 

Here is the last published list of licensed clubs.  It should be updated following the SFA AGM next week.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8937/140622-club-licensing-awards.pdf

In addition to the five clubs listed above, both Dumbarton and Albion Rovers were also at "entry" level.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Here is the last published list of licensed clubs.  It should be updated following the SFA AGM next week.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8937/140622-club-licensing-awards.pdf

In addition to the five clubs listed above, both Dumbarton and Albion Rovers were also at "entry" level.

Thanks, that answers my question on Airdrie as the "entry" is not related to the ground but to the first team. So I guess it's more paperwork issues or staff qualifications or something like that.

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I think this is a bit unfair, this is a general point about a national 5th tier rather than this specific proposed division. Even their statement, as mewling as it was, criticised the specific planned make-up of the division.

I don't think a national tier 5 will appeal to many regardless if the make-up of the division.

They should make the current tiers 2-4 into two leagues of 16 teams (one year without relegation, and the SLFL and SHFL winners promoted, to make it 32 teams), and then they could have a conference type league (preferably with no b teams) at level four. 

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Thanks, that answers my question on Airdrie as the "entry" is not related to the ground but to the first team. So I guess it's more paperwork issues or staff qualifications or something like that.

Yeah I see that Dumbarton's ground is entry but the first team is silver surprisngly enough. Must be because we had a club poet and a club minister.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I have seen 108 mentioned as the number of total possible votes, so 55 fits on that angle to break the potential tie. Think 102 is wrong on the number of clubs. 42 + 18 + 16 + 16 = 92 by my calculation, then there are also the regional FAs, affiliated national FAs etc beyond that for the extra 16 votes.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Assume the 102 comes from the 92 eligible members (42+18+16+16) plus the 10 local associations (e.g. Aberdeenshire, Fife etc). It'll be 109 if the 7 national associations (junior, youth, schools etc) get a vote as well.

We can surely count on the East of Scotland FA to vote no, same with the Southern Countries and Wigtown & District FAs?

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Would need to be clarified whether it is just the ground that needs to meet Bronze criteria (just now it is Entry ground+Bronze floodlights) or if the entire club award needs to be Bronze? Not a massive difference for the ground, just stricter rules on pitch size, gradient, increased cover for both fans, disability access officer, more disabled provision.

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

We can surely count on the East of Scotland FA to vote no, same with the Southern Countries and Wigtown & District FAs?

Beyond that, I think the SJFA are a given as a NO among the affiliated national FAs given the strong WoS influence and what was mentioned by Rutherglen Glencairn about Ian Maxwell's visit with that league, plus North of Scotland and Aberdeenshire FAs among the regional ones given how heavily NO the Highland League is known to be based on statements from member clubs. I assume there is a West of Scotland FA now linked to the WoS?