Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe thought they had the Rangersy and Celticy Juniors in the bag and the SPFL sides wouldn't give a toss being as they weren't trying to bung the B-teams in League 2? I understand the clubs and leagues were told there wouldn't have to be a vote at all though, so who knows went on in Maxwell and co's minds.

The ones with the most obvious links to these 2, clubs like St. Roch's / Cambuslang Rangers for example, have no voting rights.

37 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Falkirk another voting no. So that's 8/42 SPFL voting no, plus another 8 consulting (2 said no). Most of non-league (and those associations connected with them) will surely vote no, makes you wonder where they thought all the yes votes were going to come from (unless they expected some apathy abstentions).

Don't know if you've counted them, but Ayr are consulting season ticket holders just now.

I'll respond at my leisure over the weekend. A bit fat NO, obviously.

Falkirk FC can today confirm that the club will vote against the introduction of the Scottish Conference League and the inclusion of B teams therein.

We have arrived at this position after having carefully considered the proposals and canvassed the view of fans via the Falkirk Supporters Society.

Falkirk Football Club has long championed the need for reconstruction in Scottish football to aid the development of young Scottish talent, but to also meet other key objectives such as making our Premiership more competitive and softening the financial impact of relegation on clubs.

The Club share the views of the overwhelming number of responses to the poll conducted by the Falkirk Supporters Society, and the views of fans who have contacted the club directly.

While we understand the case for B teams, we believe that more holistic, integrated ideas offer far greater potential for solving the long-term problems facing Scottish football. These include larger leagues, stronger reserve leagues and an improved system of interclub loans, as well as a more open pyramid system and fairer financial distribution throughout the SPFL.

We also believe that clubs should be promoted or relegated solely on merit, and that any structure in which some clubs can be neither promoted nor relegated fundamentally undermines the principle of sporting integrity which is essential to our game at every level.

The list of voters included Linlithgow Rose who didn't have a licence pre 2019 and are not members of the LL until the AGM. Is this correct? If it is then, presumably, they would not have a vote on the matter.

Also presumably the three clubs directly affected by the outcome of the vote i.e. Celtic, Hearts and Rangers, cannot vote either because they are in a conflict of interest position.

Anyone know what the official situation is?

That could reduce voting numbers down to 106. 54 votes needed to win the vote.

Edited by Dev
adj for LR info

4 minutes ago, Dev said:

The list of voters included Linlithgow Rose who didn't have a licence pre 2019 and are not members of the LL until the AGM. Is this correct? If it is then, presumably, they would not have a vote on the matter.

Also presumably the three clubs directly affected by the outcome of the vote i.e. Celtic, Hearts and Rangers, cannot vote either because they are in a conflict of interest position.

That could reduce voting numbers down to 105. 53 votes needed to win the vote.

Linlithgow Rose will count as LL members already. But regardless, they were members pre-2018, they were one of the few outside the pyramid who became members before the SFA changed the rules so any applicant had to be in the pyramid. The others in that category were (off the top of my head) Girvan, Banks O'Dee, Glasgow University & Golspie Sutherland.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Linlithgow Rose will count as LL members already. But regardless, they were members pre-2018, they were one of the few outside the pyramid who became members before the SFA changed the rules so any applicant had to be in the pyramid. The others in that category were (off the top of my head) Girvan, Banks O'Dee, Glasgow University & Golspie Sutherland.

Thanks. I couldn't recall, for sure, whether or not they were already licenced prior to the cut-off date.

14 minutes ago, Dev said:

You could say the same for all the clubs below the SPFL, I think every full member gets a vote.

18 minutes ago, Dev said:

That could reduce voting numbers down to 106. 54 votes needed to win the vote.

Every club is in a conflict of interest position here.

Is that 13 HL clubs saying no?

Who's left? Inverurie Locos, Brechin City, Banks O' Dee, Fraserburgh, Formartine Utd.

Of the top teams only Brora and Buckie have committed.

You would think the LL clubs would be just as vocal.

Given that Celtic, Hearts and Rangers are the three NAMED clubs which are proposed to be taking part in the proposed Conference via B teams they are the only ones with a current conflict situation.

A conflict situation is a direct affect rather than a knock-on consequence. This makes a significant difference and they should not be permitted to vote on the matter IMO.

Edited by Dev

19 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Who's left? Inverurie Locos, Brechin City, Banks O' Dee, Fraserburgh, Formartine Utd.

Of the top teams only Brora and Buckie have committed.

I think they might be waiting to see if the SFA/SPFL come back with a better offer on League Cup places. They were originally told that every non B-Team in the conference would be in the group stages which is worth a big chunk of revenue, then they came back and said it would only be the top two. 

An extract from the Elgin City Chairman's UPDATE on the club web-site:

www.elgincity.net/news/latest-news/chairman-update

CHAIRMAN UPDATE

"The proposed conference league is not going to commence this upcoming season but there is a driving force from the B teams and the SFA to make it happen. There is no input from the SPFL it is the SFA, Lowland and Highland Leagues who are being affected.

I just hope we never have to be involved with it. One item that was consistent over the season was the tremendous support we received over the piece. It was not always pretty or entertaining but you all came out rain or shine to cheer us on. The Club never take that support for granted and I assure you all it is greatly appreciated

.Graham Tatters"

Kelty Hearts consulting fans.

keltyhearts.co.uk/conference-league-proposal/

·       
June 2, 2023

·        7:37 am

SPFL Conference League Proposal

We would like to invite supporters to New Central Park tomorrow (Saturday 3rd June) at 1:30pm to discuss the upcoming SPFL vote on the New Conference League Proposal.

We are your local football club and your input is important to us. Gathering the thoughts of the local supporters and community is essential before any decision can be made.

All SPFL Member Clubs will be asked to vote on the creation of a new Conference League at Tier 5 at the Scottish FA AGM on June 6th.

The proposal

• Creation of a 10-team Scottish Conference League consisting of four B Teams.
  • The first Season of the Scottish Conference League will be Season 2024/25.
  • Top two Highland League teams at the end of Season 2023/24 included.
  • Top four Lowland League teams at the end of Season 2023/24 included.
  • B Teams cannot be promoted or relegated from The Scottish Conference League.
  • The Scottish Conference League to be funded by a B Team participation fee: with six non-B teams receiving an estimated payment of around £40,000 each per annum.
  • Minimum five-year commitment required from B Teams.
  • Highest placed non-B Team at the end of the Season will enter a promotion/relegation Play Off with SPFL Club 42 as per current model.
  • Lowest placed non-B Team at the end of the Season will be relegated to the Highland or Lowland League, replaced by the winner of the Highland/Lowland League Champions Play Off.
  • Second-lowest placed non-B Team at the end of the Season will enter a promotion/relegation Play Off with the loser of the Highland/Lowland League Champions Play Off.
  • B Teams must include a minimum of seven Scotland eligible players in their starting XI, and their matchday squad must include no fewer than eleven Scotland eligible players.

Article by Kelty Hearts Football Club –  Permission to use quotations from this article online is only granted subject to appropriate source credit and hyperlink to KeltyHearts.co.uk

Berwick Rangers fans have voted 90% against the Conference proposals in a Facebook poll on a fans forum. (Amazes me that 10% think it's a cracking idea)

The club itself engaged with members of their 1881 club, via Zoom and FB messages. It's been reported that there were no positive comments made about the proposals.

But the club have yet to make a statement from the Boardroom.