Conference League Good Guys List

Ray Patterson

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It will reach critical mass soon enough where even those in support or wavering don't want to be seen on the wrong side.

Maxwells position must be untenable 

You say that, but Doncaster had the brass neck to see out the Sevco fiasco and still cash his pay cheques at the end of the month.

Scottish football administrators do not do dignity nor credibility.

Edited by vikingTON

39 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

How did I miss this last night? ‘Famous’ 

200.gif?cid=ff874017tfkttk07o2w67dvtpf5k

Spoiler

A: Because you're a moron. 

How's all that batting for 'highly experienced club officials' at your hopeless, scab club working out for you? 

16 minutes ago, virginton said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A: Because you're a moron. 

How's all that batting for 'highly experienced club officials' at your hopeless, scab club working out for you? 

I’ll leave the Cowden chat for people that care, besides this thread isn’t for talking about matters such as football, it’s just for pretend tough guys like you to vent your spleen. 

Still, you gave me a great laugh, ‘Famous’ 🤣🤡

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I would read this as them voting in favour.

It's from May 10th when a lot of people didn't know what was going on and were being told it was a done deal, I don't think it signifies anything.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ll leave the Cowden chat for people that care, besides this thread isn’t for talking about matters such as football, it’s just for pretend tough guys like you to vent your spleen. 

Still, you gave me a great laugh, ‘Famous’ 🤣🤡

You mean you didn't care when you made about a million posts trying to convince everyone the credulous morons on the Cowden board were playing 4d chess? 

16 hours ago, Dev said:

An extract from the Elgin City Chairman's UPDATE on the club web-site:

www.elgincity.net/news/latest-news/chairman-update

CHAIRMAN UPDATE

"The proposed conference league is not going to commence this upcoming season but there is a driving force from the B teams and the SFA to make it happen. There is no input from the SPFL it is the SFA, Lowland and Highland Leagues who are being affected.

I just hope we never have to be involved with it. One item that was consistent over the season was the tremendous support we received over the piece. It was not always pretty or entertaining but you all came out rain or shine to cheer us on. The Club never take that support for granted and I assure you all it is greatly appreciated

.Graham Tatters"

This was from 10th May when the Chairman states clearly:

"I just hope we never have to be involved with it."

Since then more information has been made available which has seen clubs which were minded to favour the scheme alter their minds to being against. Elgin clearly were not in favour of the idea and never were. It's a clear vote against.

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You mean you didn't care when you made about a million posts trying to convince everyone the credulous morons on the Cowden board were playing 4d chess? 

It was a sensible decision with regards to allowing them in the LL for this season, to give the breathing space that has clearly been needed.

It has allowed time for consideration and to galvanise support against the Conference, which is great.

And I believe Cowden have just announced their opposition to the Conference…

What "breathing space" do you think this created? The Conference League proposal would have had to be discussed at the SFA AGM either way, Ian Maxwell and Neil Doncaster can't just create a league out of thin air without approval.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Ian Maxwell and Neil Doncaster can't just create a league out of thin air without approval.

I'm not defending Cowdenbeath or the other craven nine Lowland Teams, but that's exactly what Maxwell originally told the Clubs they were doing.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not defending Cowdenbeath or the other craven nine Lowland Teams, but that's exactly what Maxwell originally told the Clubs they were doing.

Even if that is true, I don't think their board should be praised for being gullible and completely clueless about how Scottish football actually works.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Even if that is true, I don't think their board should be praised for being gullible and completely clueless about how Scottish football actually works.

Not at all, but I'm delighted to see this.

image.thumb.png.27bd481e213e5e524223be42ce7d8e0c.png

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It’s amazing to think that a highly experienced board of directors wouldn’t have a better grasp on the machinations of the SFA than Craig the Killie fan does.  Who’d have thought it?

11 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Where The Famous lead, rump diddy outfits like 'Cowdenbeath' are obliged to trail along in their wake. 

Peddling laughably transparent lies about their diddling by Ian Maxwell, wallet inspector, to try and cover their (non-existent) honour. 

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What "breathing space" do you think this created? The Conference League proposal would have had to be discussed at the SFA AGM either way, Ian Maxwell and Neil Doncaster can't just create a league out of thin air without approval.

You do realise there is a counter view held by some knowledgeable  people that the SFA do have the power to create such a League?  And that presumably it is though preferable for them if they can say a majority of clubs were in favour and voted for its creation 

I admire the faith in a board that has overseen Scotlands worst performing club over the last decade resulting in the the club that finished 20th 10 years ago now being a couple of places above relegation to the EOSL.

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You do realise there is a counter view held by some knowledgeable  people that the SFA do have the power to create such a League?  And that presumably it is though preferable for them if they can say a majority of clubs were in favour and voted for its creation 

The SFA isn't some secret society. Its articles of association are there in black and white. Its powers and limitations are available for anyone to see.