2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

12 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

FT 1-0. You have to imagine Brechin will be disappointed not to add more. It’s a good result for Buckie. 5 goals without reply tomorrow night will send them top going into the final day. It’s doable. 

It's tight at the top but this weeks scores have swing it slightly in Buckie's favour. I expect both them and Brechin to win their remaining matches but Buckie look to have better options to improve their goal difference. It depends if Brechin have enough in the bag with their current +5 advantage.

Absolutely no chance Buckie will only score one more goal in this game.  Just two will put them top of the league on goals scored.

ETA: and there it is.

Edited by Hedgecutter

28 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Absolutely no chance Buckie will only score one more goal in this game.  Just two will put them top of the league on goals scored.

5-0 AFTER 63.

Brechin have purely mucked up by giving the manager the job.

Even defenders are banging in hat-tricks against Strathspey now.

ETA: we 'only' beat them 5-0 & 6-1 this season.

Edited by Hedgecutter

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They might still regret stopping at 6, which it somewhat seems as though they have.

Seven now. 93rd minute goal.

Edited by stanley

Somewhat disconcerting that previous fixtures this season have been Brechin 2-1 Brora, and Keith 0-3 Buckie.  On paper you'd imagine Buckie and Brechin would fare better and worse respectively this weekend due to home/away switch around.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Somewhat disconcerting that previous fixtures this season have been Brechin 2-1 Brora, and Keith 0-3 Buckie.  On paper you'd imagine Buckie and Brechin would fare better and worse respectively this weekend due to home/away switch around.

I think Strathspey were always going to be running out of steam this week. Buckie are living on adrenaline...

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Brilliant, exciting ending to the league.  I'm thinking Buckie will do it

Tbh, I thinking even a 1-0 win will realistically do it.  It will take something special from Brechin to manage a four goal GD swing.

As I said the other night, we're completely reliant on Keith getting a draw in Buckie.

7-0 what a fantastic result.

Does that remove goal difference from the equation?

Any Buckie win means Brechin need to win 4-0 ? That sounds tough going but never say never.