2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

I'm at the Clach v Locos game and it's absolutely fucking it down. A decent game so far despite this. 

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm at the Clach v Locos game and it's absolutely fucking it down. A decent game so far despite this. 

I wimped out before half time, not a bad game as you say but I wasn't in the mood and we've got the same game on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Goals against Strathspey in the run in are going to be crucial you would think

We must get 3 wins starting with a goal fest on Saturday against Forres. Could well be decided on GD .

23 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The need for goals instead of mere points might just push Brechin City over the line all the same Gavin Price into giving the league's top scorer a start in his team.

FTFY

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

FTFY

Let's hope so as we will have to register substantial wins against Forres & Keith and pray that the Spey just don't give up next Monday & Wednesday and let Buckie rack up huge numbers.

42 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Let's hope so as we will have to register substantial wins against Forres & Keith and pray that the Spey just don't give up next Monday & Wednesday and let Buckie rack up huge numbers.

I work with with a Strathspey player and he said both Buckie and Fraserburgh will 'probably both score 10 over the two games each.'

Just now, TheScarf said:

I work with with a Strathspey player and he said both Buckie and Fraserburgh will 'probably both score 10 over the two games each.'

Buckie seem to be over their bottom six team gremlins...although it seems to be more 'Saturday fixture gremlins' as their midweek results have been excellent.

I would still, as most have here, make the Broch favourites; they seem to have built up a head of steam. I can see Buckie hammering Strathspey twice but doing their usual Saturday dance and dropping points to a much improved Vale this weekend. 

I can also see Brechin dropping points in Brora. When is Brechin's Keith visit being shoehorned in?

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I work with a Buckie player and they are completely focused on Saurday....win that and aim to get as many goals next Mon and Weds....they seem confident.

34 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I work with a Buckie player and they are completely focused on Saurday....win that and aim to get as many goals next Mon and Weds....they seem confident.

They must be the favourites now and even though I can see us winning our remaining games, I just can't see us racking up big wins against Forres or Keith. We probably need to win both games by 5 goals .If we lose out on GD it'll be hard to take but not sacking Price a few weeks ago may cost us dear. 

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

What really turned the screw for me after Fraserburgh last Saturday was seeing a couple of our senior players having what looked like a great laugh and joke outside the ground not long after the game. 

I'm in no way expecting players to be as emotionally attached to a club as the fans are, but it honestly made me think their hearts aren't in it.  Perhaps it was a Price-related thing who's lost the group, but part of me just thought "why f***ing bother" when I saw it.

1 hour ago, Jim Main said:

I can also see Brechin dropping points in Brora. When is Brechin's Keith visit being shoehorned in?

Saturday, April 13

Brechin City – Forres Mechanics

Buckie Thistle – Deveronvale

Strathspey Thistle – Fraserburgh

Monday, April 15

Buckie Thistle – Strathspey Thistle

Wednesday, April 17

Fraserburgh – Brora Rangers

Strathspey Thistle – Buckie Thistle

[Probably Keith v Brechin City]

Saturday, April 20

Brora Rangers – Brechin City