Wednesday, April 17

Fraserburgh – Brora Rangers

Strathspey Thistle – Buckie Thistle

[Probably Keith v Brechin City]

Saturday, April 20

Brora Rangers – Brechin City

Buckie Thistle – Keith

Fraserburgh – Strathspey Thistle

Only the emotionally blinkered would put money on anything other than a Buckie championship win imho.

We pip them with a late couple of goals last year, they respond by pipping us on goal difference.

Edited by Hedgecutter

44 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

What really turned the screw for me after Fraserburgh last Saturday was seeing a couple of our senior players having what looked like a great laugh and joke outside the ground not long after the game. 

I'm in no way expecting players to be as emotionally attached to a club as the fans are, but it honestly made me think their hearts aren't in it.  Perhaps it was a Price-related thing who's lost the group, but part of me just thought "why f***ing bother" when I saw it.

When we look at our results against the 4 teams below us - 7 points from 24 tells its own story (despite our wage bill being significantly higher than any of the other clubs)

Just now, Kev8122 said:

When we look at our results against the 4 teams below us - 7 points from 24 tells its own story (despite our wage bill being significantly higher than any of the other clubs)

Harsh reality is that you don't lose all your games against Buckie and Fraserburgh and expect to win the HL.

35 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Saturday, April 13

Brechin City – Forres Mechanics

Buckie Thistle – Deveronvale

Strathspey Thistle – Fraserburgh

Monday, April 15

Buckie Thistle – Strathspey Thistle

Wednesday, April 17

Fraserburgh – Brora Rangers

Strathspey Thistle – Buckie Thistle

[Probably Keith v Brechin City]

Saturday, April 20

Brora Rangers – Brechin City

Buckie Thistle – Keith

Fraserburgh – Strathspey Thistle

Much as I would love it, I can't see City coming out on top. Fraserburgh would be my bet.

Posted (edited)

Buckie haven't won on a Saturday since February 17th. True story..:lol:

If they hadn't blown it against Clach, Lossie. Wick and Vale in recent weeks they'd be red hot favourites, we're the real heroes here!

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

What really turned the screw for me after Fraserburgh last Saturday was seeing a couple of our senior players having what looked like a great laugh and joke outside the ground not long after the game. 

I'm in no way expecting players to be as emotionally attached to a club as the fans are, but it honestly made me think their hearts aren't in it.  Perhaps it was a Price-related thing who's lost the group, but part of me just thought "why f***ing bother" when I saw it.

Did you report this terrifying behaviour to the police?

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Only the emotionally blinkered would put money on anything other than a Buckie championship win imho.

We pip them with a late couple of goals last year, they respond by pipping us on goal difference.

I must be emotionally blinkered then cos I can't see anything else other than us somehow fucking it up.

Buckie's Saturday form has been so woeful, I have no real hopes over the next game against Vale.

50 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I assume Brechin could reach bronze licence standards in short order - how are Buckie and Fraserburgh placed?

I doubt they'd have much trouble, but there's the possibility of Buckie using it as an excuse to avoid going up, although I've heard their attitudes may have changed recently.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I doubt they'd have much trouble, but there's the possibility of Buckie using it as an excuse to avoid going up, although I've heard their attitudes may have changed recently.

I base this entirely on a chat with a single Buckie fan, but it sounds like a case that if Elgin stay up (which it very much looks like they will), then Buckie will want up.  

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I base this entirely on a chat with a single Buckie fan, but it sounds like a case that if Elgin stay up (which it very much looks like they will), then Buckie will want up.  

Warsteiner's rule of improbability 

Buckie's money men have done the sums, and know the value of promotion. There's zero money to be made staying in the SHFL, and Buckie need significantly more than zero money to fund that squad. 

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's au revoir to everybody's favourite North footballer today. A sad day for shin guard salesmen everywhere.

https://nairncountyfc.co.uk/news/ross-tokelys-final-match/

Will he go out on a high or will the ref once again chicken out of giving him a red card ? 

45 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's au revoir to everybody's favourite North footballer today. A sad day for shin guard salesmen everywhere.

https://nairncountyfc.co.uk/news/ross-tokelys-final-match/

"he bows out at the club who handed him his maiden appearance all the way back in 1995.

Coolio was top of the charts with Gangsta’s Paradise, OJ Simpson had just been found not guilty of murder"

Some early career inspiration there.