2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

22 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Robbed by who or what? The amount of injury time played?

Robbed by being shite. :lol:

Lossie scored on 90+1 and 90+3. The hundred minute hooter wasn’t sounded today, despite what these whining bairns will have you believe. 

6 minutes ago, d31 said:

Two questions.

Does anyone know the fixtures for Buckie and Brechin that are not arranged yet, and when does it all need to be finished by?

We have to play Brora away and I believe the HL could be extended to the 20th April ( the LL finish then) if required

7 minutes ago, d31 said:

Two questions.

Does anyone know the fixtures for Buckie and Brechin that are not arranged yet, and when does it all need to be finished by?

13 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

We have to play Brora away and I believe the HL could be extended to the 20th April ( the LL finish then) if required

Cheers.

Not sure how they are going to fit in all the games

1 hour ago, d31 said:

Two questions.

35 minutes ago, d31 said:

Cheers.

Not sure how they are going to fit in all the games

Saturday 30th March       Clachnacuddin v BoD / Deveronvale v Buckie / Wick v Brechin
Fraserburgh playing in HL Cup Final

Wednesday 3rd April       Buckie v Strathspey / Keith v Brechin

Saturday 6th April              BoD v Huntly / Fraserburgh v Brechin / Keith v Buckie

Wednesday 10th April     tbc

Saturday 13th April           Brechin v Forres / Brora v BoD / Buckie v Deveronvale / Strathspey v Fraserburgh

Wednesday 17th Apr       tbc
Buckie playing in Aberdeenshire Cup Final

Saturday 20th April           tbc

Dates tbc:
Brora v Brechin
Buckie
v Brora  +  Buckie v Keith  +  Strathspey v Buckie
Fraserburgh
v Brora  +  Fraserburgh v Strathspey
Wick v BoD

So presumably...
... Saturday 20th April will include Brora v Brechin, Buckie v Keith, Fraserburgh v Strathspey and Wick v BoD (so everybody in contention finishes simultaneously)
... Fraserburgh v Brora will be on Wednesday 10th or 17th
... Buckie v Brora and Strathspey v Buckie will be on Monday 8th/15th and Wednesday 10th or vice versa

Edited by HibeeJibee

I’d probably make Buckie slight favourites now, given the fact Brechin have to go to The Broch. If The Broch can pick up 12 points between now and the end of the season, though, they’ll think why not us? I just think Buckie’s run in is the most favourable out the lot. I think BoD have left themselves a bit too much to do; their last 3 games look particularly tough.

It would take a brave man to predict where the title is heading this season.

Brechin have 3 away fixtures in a row (4 counting last night's), that might give a few answers. From looking (fairly) comfortable to being in a bit of a sweat.

38 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’d probably make Buckie slight favourites now, given the fact Brechin have to go to The Broch. If The Broch can pick up 12 points between now and the end of the season, though, they’ll think why not us? I just think Buckie’s run in is the most favourable out the lot. I think BoD have left themselves a bit too much to do; their last 3 games look particularly tough.

It would take a brave man to predict where the title is heading this season.

Two of Buckie's remaining game are against Strathspey too, so you'd expect 6 points from them is pretty much a given.  I agree that Buckie's fixtures look the 'easiest', but they keep proving they can't be trusted to win, against anyone.

I agree re BoD. I'd love to see them snatch the title on the last day but I think they'll slip up somewhere they're expected to win, like when I go to watch them at Grant Street Park this Saturday.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Two of Buckie's remaining game are against Strathspey too, so you'd expect 6 points from them is pretty much a given.  I agree that Buckie's fixtures look the 'easiest', but they keep proving they can't be trusted to win, against anyone.

I agree re BoD. I'd love to see them snatch the title on the last day but I think they'll slip up somewhere they're expected to win, like when I go to watch them at Grant Street Park this Saturday.

I feel very dislocated from Buckie's challenge down here and rely on FB mates and highlights available etc, so I can't offer anything from first hand viewing, but I think you're right re the Jags's form.

Buckie's midweeks have been phenomenal...beating BOD, Formartine and now Brechin in March (and the Broch in the Abdn Cup)...but also this month we've lost to Wick and Lossie on the Saturdays, and drawn (last minute equaliser) with Locos. Not to mention that inexplicable doing from Nairn in February I think. 

Two games to come against Strathspey...I'll be honest I'd rather it was against a top six team. I still think Brechin are the favourites, although they seem to have the opposite form problem.

2 minutes ago, Jim Main said:

I feel very dislocated from Buckie's challenge down here and rely on FB mates and highlights available etc, so I can't offer anything from first hand viewing, but I think you're right re the Jags's form.

Buckie's midweeks have been phenomenal...beating BOD, Formartine and now Brechin in March (and the Broch in the Abdn Cup)...but also this month we've lost to Wick and Lossie on the Saturdays, and drawn (last minute equaliser) with Locos. Not to mention that inexplicable doing from Nairn in February I think. 

Two games to come against Strathspey...I'll be honest I'd rather it was against a top six team. I still think Brechin are the favourites, although they seem to have the opposite form problem.

I mentioned on Fitba North that Brora and Buckie have obviously been hampered by their pitches this season and that the fixture backlog would work against them.  I think it's finally caught up with Brora and they've fallen away, Buckie are still in with a shout and I think the reason is Brora's ageing squad can't cope with 2 games a week whereas Buckie have a younger, and presumably fitter, squad so they're still getting the results and keeping the pressure on the top 3.

21 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 30th March       Clachnacuddin v BoD / Deveronvale v Buckie / Wick v Brechin
Fraserburgh playing in HL Cup Final

Wednesday 3rd April       Buckie v Strathspey / Keith v Brechin

Saturday 6th April              BoD v Huntly / Fraserburgh v Brechin / Keith v Buckie

Wednesday 10th April     tbc

Saturday 13th April           Brechin v Forres / Brora v BoD / Buckie v Deveronvale / Strathspey v Fraserburgh

Wednesday 17th Apr       tbc
Buckie playing in Aberdeenshire Cup Final

Saturday 20th April           tbc

Dates tbc:
Brora v Brechin
Buckie
v Brora  +  Buckie v Keith  +  Strathspey v Buckie
Fraserburgh
v Brora  +  Fraserburgh v Strathspey
Wick v BoD

So presumably...
... Saturday 20th April will include Brora v Brechin, Buckie v Keith, Fraserburgh v Strathspey and Wick v BoD (so everybody in contention finishes simultaneously)
... Fraserburgh v Brora will be on Wednesday 10th or 17th
... Buckie v Brora and Strathspey v Buckie will be on Monday 8th/15th and Wednesday 10th or vice versa

thanks for this. I wonder if it's a shout to delay the cup final to avoid Buckie playing Mon/Wed