2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I see they are not compliant on the Diversity and Inclusion point. They have my sympathy. It's an absolute nightmare to comply with that sort of thing and it only came in a couple of years ago and was made far more stringent last year.

Have you actually read the requirement?

"The club shall nominate a Board / Committee member who has lead responsibility for equality in the club.

The club shall publish a public commitment to addressing inequalities and preventing discrimination. This should be published, as a minimum, on the club website.

The club shall establish and implement a policy for equality, which shall include provisions dealing with harassment and unfair treatment. This policy shall be communicated throughout the organisation." 

So, they need to nominate one individual, and do a bit of cutting and pasting of other folks' policies. Hardly a nightmare, is it? Maybe a couple of hours work?

Also, it's the same requirement for entry level, so they should already have done it.

9 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

"The club shall nominate a Board / Committee member who has lead responsibility for equality in the club.

The club shall publish a public commitment to addressing inequalities and preventing discrimination. This should be published, as a minimum, on the club website.

The club shall establish and implement a policy for equality, which shall include provisions dealing with harassment and unfair treatment. This policy shall be communicated throughout the organisation." 

So, they need to nominate one individual, and do a bit of cutting and pasting of other folks' policies. Hardly a nightmare, is it? Maybe a couple of hours work?

Also, it's the same requirement for entry level, so they should already have done it.

There's another section but I agree that it doesn't look too onerous.

image.thumb.png.f418baaeef9b18ef47ab85e9a5e15e33.png

29 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Yes, I've actually read them. And worked on them. It would be very wrong to suggest this is a "couple of hours of copying and pasting".

6 hours ago, stanley said:

Yes, clubs are now required to have a bronze licence to enter the playoffs. It was previously entry. This is a very recent change. It is probably in reaction to five established SPFL clubs being relegated in recent years.

Probably more a reaction to how horrendously shit medowbank is and if that can get an entry licence then the spfl rules need to demand more.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Buckie have made another statement.

image.png.01f1f2e753b9fb209bfadd4f96417a50.png

If it’s true that the SFA had given them until the 15th May, then I will say it does seem slightly odd to throw them out of the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Matty-RCFC said:

If it’s true that the SFA had given them until the 15th May, then I will say it does seem slightly odd to throw them out of the playoffs. 

Qualifying for the playoffs is a different issue from going for a bronze licence. By not submitting their application by March 31st, a crystal clear rule that they'd been warned out about multiple times by the SPFL, SFA and the Highland League, they forfeited the right to take part in the play offs. Why it's only just come out is the mystery, sounds like the various officials they talked to in the SFA and SPFL didn't talk to each other.

53 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Qualifying for the playoffs is a different issue from going for a bronze licence. By not submitting their application by March 31st, a crystal clear rule that they'd been warned out about multiple times by the SPFL, SFA and the Highland League, they forfeited the right to take part in the play offs. Why it's only just come out is the mystery, sounds like the various officials they talked to in the SFA and SPFL didn't talk to each other.

Both the Licencing and the League are directly the responsibility of the SFA as the licencing is done by them and the governing rules and regulations of the League are approved (or not) by the SFA prior to each season. If there's a contradiction between the first and the second then that is directly down to the SFA who should have identified it and dealt with it prior to approving the league's rules and regs.

Edited by Dev

The March 31st deadline wasn't only about licensing, it was other stuff too, Buckie couldn't have been unaware of it, the SPFL even put in bold as well as underlining it. :1eye

image.png.f01975d3b8ef8c35f2ce13aadcd71ac7.png

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Screenshot_20240426-193942.thumb.png.3692d09eb1570be7cf98ba955976f704.png

"I will state straight away that we did in fact miss the cut off date for the “period of grace “ from the SPFL."

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There's Ross Tokely announced as the new Nairn County manager. 

Probably the dirtiest player I've ever had the misfortune to have watched, after Steven Ramsay.

Although, I might have seen Terry Hurlock playing for Millwall against Arsenal once. Need to check

He was my nephew’s youth coach at IC&T a few years back. I went to watch him a few times and he spent the majority of games bullying young/inexperienced referees into decisions rather than providing anything of note to his Under 14 squad. 

Be interesting to see how he gets on at Nairn. Don’t think it’ll go well. Fingers crossed. 

What’s the requirements to get Platinum? I can’t see it published, or is this just a automatic presentation to the arse cheeks, so everyone knows they are better than us!