Clyde Season 23/24

Anyone know why there was no sign of Alex King yesterday? Injury I assume but no mention in the match preview. Not that I’m his biggest fan but the conditions yesterday may have suited him as he’s not afraid to shoot. 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 14/04/2024 at 21:18, Clyde01 said:

Anyone know why there was no sign of Alex King yesterday? Injury I assume but no mention in the match preview. Not that I’m his biggest fan but the conditions yesterday may have suited him as he’s not afraid to shoot. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It beggars belief that the club are starring the unthinkable in the face and you are asking about a diddy player who has done little to nothing to help with our current plight.

On 14/04/2024 at 08:46, Neilly said:

We will have some professional pride to play for and try and avenge the 6-1 next week but it's as  good a fixture as Clyde can hope for at this stage.

Jamieson and Wedderburn out for the season and we are off the boil in general.

Add in East Fife and Elgin to come and Clyde have essentially 3 games against teams who will be playing for nothing and on their holidays.

Not that I'd trust McCall much as he has no idea what his best team is surely they can muster enough against 3 teams which should be on holiday?

The Bully Wee.

In a similar vein, and if I could offer the Bully Wee faithful a glimmer of hope, this Saturday we should be looking to avenge the 5-0 humping we took the last time we were at Stair Park.

We are in decent form with four straight shutouts and whilst I think Faz will look to rotate the team now that we are in the playoffs, this creates opportunities for others to impress.  I'd certainly start Hilton though as he's looked the part of late and he should know Stair Park very well.

At least we will have a white kit in the Lowland League.

If anyone votes in that Cumbernauld Colts kit as our away strip then it's a worse decision that re-electing Thomson.

Come what may, it's obvious that the club needs a full reset in the summer and we can only hope and pray that these twerps can carry us over the line to ensure that Maitland can oversee it with us still in League Two. Over the piece, I haven't been impressed by McCall or several of the players he's brought in, so I wouldn't say that he should automatically be immune from that reset either. Today felt like a massive missed opportunity against a Stenhousemuir team experimenting with a new formation and six starters missing, their two goals (and several other situations) a very familiar tale this season of a jittery defence handing out freebies in most games.

Rennie's been murder for a while now, since every left-back in the league cottoned on to the fact that they can afford to get very tight to him since he lacks any kind of turn of pace to get beyond them. There are a good few I'd immediately parachute Scullion in for next week and he'd be one of them, as the only thing he's offering at the moment is a bit of height. Sula didn't do enough wrong to deserve his dropping for me and if we are looking to offer more of a threat in both boxes then I'd bring he and Dunachie back in, as much as I'm not a big fan of the latter at right-back. Leitch showed once again why he's been a big flop despite his early goal, Kabia makes some hilariously bad decisions at times and it beggars belief that Cammy Ballantyne perpetually manages to be so anonymous. It all just feels so cursed and, as a result, it's impossible to have any belief that we will achieve the results necessary to scrape safety.

Ultimately it is who wants it. Next weeks game is very winnable. But it has to be won, no ifs or buts.

Elgin away, assuming it still matters, is tough. Again they have nothing to play for but the performances are too erratic to be confident.

Sad situation and wishing you 100%. 

If Clyde survive one would hope lessons will be learned and yes ex Maitland massive change is needed. There is no point just firing people for the sake without better alternatives but most of the Board should go. 

If its the worst, and frankly winning the playoffs will be difficult against probably EK who will be confident, massive change is also needed again ex Mailand who I hope sticks around.

The loss of income will be massive and unless the mystery donor coughs up it will be a slog.

The lesson from the others relegated to the LL is without money rebuilding would take time. That said other clubs have largely held their support and I guess that will broadly continue thus Clyde would be one of the strongest in the league but keeping the donor is critical. 

I would say Clyde have a 50% chance of surviving - but they must go for it. Draws are now no good. 

28 minutes ago, support the underdog said:

Ultimately it is who wants it. Next weeks game is very winnable. But it has to be won, no ifs or buts.

Elgin away, assuming it still matters, is tough. Again they have nothing to play for but the performances are too erratic to be confident.

Sad situation and wishing you 100%. 

Next week is the key one for me. If we can win at home to east fife whilst Stranraer face a long away trip to Forfar that will put us in the driving seat ahead of the last day (assuming Stranraer don’t also win).

Buckie won the Highland League today. 

Imagine they beat EK in the play off and then decide they don't particularly want to go up. A couple of dodgy own goals in a match against Clyde later... 

No change from last week but I'm now thinking it's the play-offs for us. This team just doesn't have the bottle/leadership for the task at hand.

Yesterday was a real chance to put points between ourselves and Stranraer. Dumbarton even kept up their end of the bargain, avoiding what looked to be a nailed-on loss.

13 hours ago, support the underdog said:

If Clyde survive one would hope lessons will be learned and yes ex Maitland massive change is needed. There is no point just firing people for the sake without better alternatives but most of the Board should go. 

If its the worst, and frankly winning the playoffs will be difficult against probably EK who will be confident, massive change is also needed again ex Mailand who I hope sticks around.

The loss of income will be massive and unless the mystery donor coughs up it will be a slog.

The lesson from the others relegated to the LL is without money rebuilding would take time. That said other clubs have largely held their support and I guess that will broadly continue thus Clyde would be one of the strongest in the league but keeping the donor is critical. 

I would say Clyde have a 50% chance of surviving - but they must go for it. Draws are now no good. 

" but most of the Board should go."

Here's the issue...unless they get a massive dose of conscience through self appraisal and resign,  the articles of the CIC protect the Directors from being sacked until they are up for re-election every 3 years.

Unless the CIC is scrapped, or the articles, written by he who shall not be named, are radically altered, Allan Maitland has a job on his hands to clear out the Boardroom.

Wtf is McCall talking about games running out for Stranraer and Bonnyrigg too in that interview btw hahaha?

They'd both be chuffed if the league said to just scrap the last 2 games Ian.

I can just imagine McCall's pre-match team talk next Saturday...

"Right lads, *yawn*, erm...who we playing again? Oh aye... that's right. Well, good luck, and mind we're running out of games so don't lose. Where are we in the league again?"

Inspiring.