🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If we geat Cyprus then Norway or Georgia would need to beat Spain to beat us to second place.

Beat Cyprus and I think we are all but there.

Yep. Pretty sure it's only ever happened twice that a team has got 15 points and not finished in the top 2 with a 5 team qualifying group.

Calm yourselves lads. It's done.

If we beat Cyprus in September, Norway and Georgia draw and Spain beat Georgia, then we’re through with two full windows to spare. We’d have 15 points, Norway would have 5 with only three games left (max 14), and Georgia would be in the same position as Norway 

Thank goodness we only needed a few squeegees to clear the pitch, rather than requiring the intervention of Moses to part the waters...  After the first goal went in I was convinced I would be celebrating a famous Scottish victory in the first and only Georgian invitational Water Polo championships.

The fact we've produced such a polished, professional performance with all the circumstances and drama going on says it all for how well we are doing right now.  Four wins out of four in a group we were all certain at the start of qualifying we'd be potentially fighting for third place in is just superb.

Thought it was a great bit of team selection by Steve Clarke to put Gilmour in, close to being man of the match for me, some of the defensive work he put in and his distribution was excellent.

I'm similar to a previous poster, in that for just over 30 years I've watched the best - and worst - of Scotland (I still rank that 0-0 friendly against Hungary as a game where prosecutions could have been handed out).  But right now, it feels bloody good to be a Scotland fan and I'm going to just embrace it for as long as it lasts!

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Not saying that tonight had it all but we bore witness to a 4th qualifying win to open a campaign for the first time ever, 2 or more goals in a 4th consecutive competitive match for the first time in 40 years, 6 days worth of rain falling in less than an hour leading to  some wonderful old school leg-breaking ball stoppages on the puddles during the 6 minutes of action at the start, 6 kick off delays, 2 hours of squeegees and confusion, 4 pitch inspections a massive tantrum leading to a temporary lock in, some very nice football, a cracking second goal, a missed penalty and a legitimate threat of a full blown senior Scotland International being played at St. Mirren Park.

But apart from that it was shite.

I think there was a moment early on where I was genuinely worried Billy Gilmour might end up with the bends after recovering from one tackle...

Just now, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I think there was a moment early on where I was genuinely worried Billy Gilmour might end up with the bends after recovering from one tackle...

The foul on Porteous early on where he then nearly aquaplaned down the tunnel was excellent

That was the performance of a top side who are confident of qualifying but just need to get the job done. We were never in any danger and could have easily won by more. 

Like Fratelli said further back, I'm pleasantly baffled by this, but really buying into it too.

Billy Gilmour was incredible tonight and I honestly think there's better to come from him.

4 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

It had shades of some of the early PES games where a glitch meant you could put in a super-sized sliding tackle that nearly put you out the stadium

Shankland stuck on Sensible Soccer’s Massive Heads mode.