🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

Got back to glorious FK at quarter to one last night, hope everyone else managed home safely. 

Me and my mate got absolutely soaked walking from the car to the stadium, 20 minute queue at the turnstile and Calum Mcgregor scored while we were still outside. Managed to get into the stadium up onto the walkway and thought they were doing a VAR check then the referee pulls everyone off the pitch 😂 the next 90 minutes is something I don’t think I’ll ever experience again.

Think the referee inspected the pitch 3 or 4 times and each time loads of water seemed to kick up round his feet and was bit surprised when he decided to go ahead with it. We had no clue in the stadium what was going on with the Georgians not coming back out, not sure if it was any clearer on the TV. 

Onto the game, felt we were good in the first half and Robertson, Tierney and Mcgregor created some good openings down the left. Difficult to see from where we were sat but looked like Mcginn missed an absolute sitter at one point where he completely missed the ball. 

Second half started well with Mctominay lashing one home, felt we played some good stuff but the final ball was lacking at times, either played too early or an extra touch or two closed off the angle for the pass. I did feel we started getting lazy, first half when we got in the final third a couple of quick passes and we carved out an opportunity whereas from 70 mins ish onwards it was trying a hero ball instead of the quick passing from before. This could be due to tiredness though, especially when the 2nd half ticks past 11 o’clock at night and the warm up was done nearly 4 hours ago. 

I think refs have cottoned onto John Mcginn and his glorious behind, that’s the 2nd game in a row where he’s been hacked down countless times and not got much for it. 

Shout out to all the groundstaff who got the game back on, I fully expected the game to be abandoned. 

Delighted with 4 wins from 4 and puts us in a great position going forward. 

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It doesn't feel like a Scotland victory anymore unless we get a clip of the opposition raging about it.

Scotland had you licked Willy, pitch was the same for both teams.

10 hours ago, untitled00 said:

This is one of these games where despite how good we have been (particularly second half) we won’t get the credit for it due to all the watery pish from earlier giving Georgia an excuse 

Too f****** bad.

2-0.

3 points.

F*** them and their excuses

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

We seem to piss off every team we play now and I fucking love it.

It's because Scotland have a reputation of being shitebags and folding like a pack of cards in big games, so when the current incumbents don't, these loser countries can't handle it and greet like the little slags that they are.

Forgot to mention the best feeling in the world last night/early hours this morning was taking off my soaking trainers and clothes ...it really was 1978 Archie Gemmill goals stuff 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Whatever happened to Scotland having bad genetics, and being incapable of winning games and qualifying?

Losers like Gordon Strachan use stuff like that as an excuse to cover up their own inadequacies. 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Wasn't that bad when I got there it was just that I had parked just of Viccy road and when I got back the road was now a swimming pool.6 days worth of rain in less than an hour for those that were there it was worse than the abandoned friendly in Valencia in 2004 

This was the concourse at half time in Valencia 

https://youtu.be/vKLVNUJ5Ht4

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Whatever happened to Scotland having bad genetics, and being incapable of winning games and qualifying?

Still can't get over that Craig Levein is an integral part of the Sportsound internationals team.

Extremely funny that every time Willie Miller talks about his managerial career on air he's telling anecdotes about his own incompetence. By contrast you'd think Levein had never been near the national side from how little he talks about his own disastrous reign.

Looking back at the game away from lol Georgia stuff (but aye, fucking lol Georgia) it's hard to think of a more dominant performance in one of our traditional "tricky" games.  That opening goal ended up being so important, as I think at 0-0 all the shenanigans around the rain and Georgia not wanting to play don't play out the same.  When they did eventually come out, it was clear they just weren't at it, and we just flew back at them.  However, that does bring me to one very slight negative - and probably the only one - in that we had pretty much all of the play, got into a lot of good positions, but didn't always translate that into good chances.  Definitely had some, but there were a lot of good crosses that no-one ended up getting near.  All fine in a game like last night when Georgia's only plan seemed to be "give it to the wee hairy guy that's quite good" but if we get into good positions against the likes of Spain, or we're up against it in Cyprus, we maybe need to get a bit more clinical.  But end of the day, if we go to Cyprus and have 400 chances and win 1-0, I couldn't give a shit.

32 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Forgot to mention the best feeling in the world last night/early hours this morning was taking off my soaking trainers and clothes ...it really was 1978 Archie Gemmill goals stuff 

Peeling my soaking wet jeans off my legs last night was the best feeling I’ve ever had, pretty sure my shoes will still be drying out this time tomorrow too 

16 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Still can't get over that Craig Levein is an integral part of the Sportsound internationals team.

Extremely funny that every time Willie Miller talks about his managerial career on air he's telling anecdotes about his own incompetence. By contrast you'd think Levein had never been near the national side from how little he talks about his own disastrous reign. 

I wondered if Leeanne Crichton was having a wee dig during commentary when Levein jokingly said something like "that's the worst 45 minutes I've ever seen" when they'd got to about half past eight, since she replied "Really? I can think of a few" and wondered if she meant Prague. Don't mind Levein as a pundit actually and at least he's been involved in both club and international football a lot more recently than Miller. Incidentally, Willie's namesake Kenny on Sportscene was awful.

56 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It doesn't feel like a Scotland victory anymore unless we get a clip of the opposition raging about it.

Willy Sagnol seems to be forgetting that, far from being forced into doing something they didnt want to do, a group of footballers who had showed up to play a football match, were told that after a delay, it was now time to play the football match in question. Of course, as always, the option was there to not play the football match and sacrafice the points, but we can all agree that it would have been less good if we had not confirmed that Scott McTominay is better than prime Lampard.