🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

41 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

What would have been the protocol if it hadn't restarted last night, is it restart from the beginning or from the moment the game is paused?

Would’ve restarted at 1-0 on the 6th minute

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Which of these things are more practical: Scotrail running a couple of late trains (which they did), or UEFA sending 50,000 people home with the promise of coming back the next day to an international football match which at that point was not even scheduled?

As for watching it on the TV: presumably you're meaning in the house. Considering the rain started 45 minutes before the match, and your commute was at least three and a half hours, how should this have been accommodated?

I've admitted that it was the most rational decision to play the game the same night.

I was talking about watching the match in the pub after I made it back to the City Centre so I could catch my bus from Buchanan Bus Station.

34 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah this.

Agreed about 9pm. The thing that would have changed that obviously would have been another downpour. We were fortunate no further rain arrived after about 8:30.

It was clearly VERY close to being abandoned when the Georgians were refusing to come back on though. That's what the coded police message on the scoreboard at that time meant.

The BBC live feed suggested that, had Georgia refused to continue the game (despite the referee clearing play to continue), it would be deemed a forfeit of the match - based on UEFA Rules.

A bit of an Estonia kind of thing, kick-off and then call the game, quite possibly.

That being said, UEFA could have demanded it be replayed regardless, because of the Georgian complaints being related to the pitch inspections.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye but none of them ended in an Arthur Montford “stramash”.

Aye, because nobody ever got on the end of them. Usually went out for a shy...

6 hours ago, Estragon said:

My particular favourite in the pitch clearing episodes last night was where someone turned up with what looked like a leaf blower after about an hour and a quarter.

Started playing a free role with it immediately. 

6 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Definite leaf blower

Actually seen the boy with the leaf blower put a comment on Facebook earlier about his rationale behind it. Give him the keys to the city. 

20230621_214737.thumb.jpg.f480ccf3edc2195d34aeda04b65f6179.jpg

Only Scotland, England, France and Portugal have won their first four games.

It really does show how far everything has come in the last few years that England are managing to sneak into the big boys' club alongside real world-beaters.

1 minute ago, ClydeTon said:

Only Scotland, England, France and Portugal have won their first four games.

It really does show how far everything has come in the last few years that England are managing to sneak into the big boys' club alongside real world-beaters.

It's fantasy land stuff for the plucky Nations League B minnows. Fair play to them.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah this.

Agreed about 9pm. The thing that would have changed that obviously would have been another downpour. We were fortunate no further rain arrived after about 8:30.

It was clearly VERY close to being abandoned when the Georgians were refusing to come back on though. That's what the coded police message on the scoreboard at that time meant.

What did the message say? 

19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, we were debating whether they'd found a late night B&Q to go buy some stuff when more volunteers came out or if they'd got some from Celtic Park, or Ibrox or Firhill, or a local cricket club / bowling club, or what.

It's incredible that a grass pitch venue wouldn't have some forks etc on the premises but I've no idea how it worked with these hybrid pitches now which are partly artificial.

Not to mention completely wrong equipment.

In cricket they use water removers that gather up the water.  The model below can pick up around 60 litres a minutes.  5 of these would have done the job a lot quicker.

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not to mention completely wrong equipment.

In cricket they use water removers that gather up the water.  The model below can pick up around 60 litres a minutes.  5 of these would have done the job a lot quicker.

There was a tremendous amount of water there, you'd have to take it off the pitch to empty it after every couple of yards.

On the subject of mobile data near Hampden, I was at the 2015 SC final and remember vividly no one could get any signal at all, even to send SMS messages let alone iMessage or Whatsapp.  

My next foray to the National Stadium was a mere 8 years later for Scotland V Cyrpus in March there.  I left the Montford, went to message the wife on Whatsapp, and nothing, that wee square symbol next to the message saying it was waiting to be delivered.  This was the case until we got back into the car after the game at the bowling club car park next to Mount Florida station.  It goes without saying it was the same for this seasons cup Semi and Final.

I thought after 8 years the network/signal issue in and around Hampden would've been rectified.  What causes it?  Is there some sort of signal Faraday Cage as soon as you get off the train at MF?  I've never experienced it at any other big stadium before.

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

On the subject of mobile data near Hampden, I was at the 2015 SC final and remember vividly no one could get any signal at all, even to send SMS messages let alone iMessage or Whatsapp.  

My next foray to the National Stadium was a mere 8 years later for Scotland V Cyrpus in March there.  I left the Montford, went to message the wife on Whatsapp, and nothing, that wee square symbol next to the message saying it was waiting to be delivered.  This was the case until we got back into the car after the game at the bowling club car park next to Mount Florida station.  It goes without saying it was the same for this seasons cup Semi and Final.

I thought after 8 years the network/signal issue in and around Hampden would've been rectified.  What causes it?  Is there some sort of signal Faraday Cage as soon as you get off the train at MF?  I've never experienced it at any other big stadium before.

I’ve been the same on most trips to Hampden and I think it’s maybe to do with the number of people in the stadium.

I got signal at the semi in April because I was texting my mate in the Falkirk end. The final against Celtic and on Tuesday night I had little to no signal and whatsapp messages were taking 10-15 minutes to send. 

Weirdly though, I was in the south stand upper against ROI in September and had full signal throughout the game, messages were sending instantly. 

In conclusion, we should bulldoze Hampden and start again IMO. 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve been the same on most trips to Hampden and I think it’s maybe to do with the number of people in the stadium.

I got signal at the semi in April because I was texting my mate in the Falkirk end. The final against Celtic and on Tuesday night I had little to no signal and whatsapp messages were taking 10-15 minutes to send. 

Weirdly though, I was in the south stand upper against ROI in September and had full signal throughout the game, messages were sending instantly. 

In conclusion, we should bulldoze Hampden and start again IMO. 

It's definitely not a crowd factor IMO, I've been in other stadiums for big games and gigs and it's never an issue.