🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

Just now, Donathan said:

UEFA thought it appropriate to force a team to resume a game about an hour after Denmark players watched their team mate carried off fighting for his life, but are scared of a bit of water? Make it make sense.

I think they said either continue now or come back tomorrow. Denmark chose to continue

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How long has it been the case that a match resumes rather than re-starts, it it can't be finished?

You're going to say it's been that way for over twenty years, aren't you?

Trying again the following afternoon has been that way in international and European football for quite a while owing to complications of finding new dates and getting all the players together.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Surely St Mirren is just the nominated alternative ground if Hampden remains unplayable tomorrow, not moved there by default?

Aye. I don't think they would move it immediately.

Has anyone checked how flooded St Mirren Park is? Looking at the rain out my window there doesn't seem like there is a park in scotland that could withstand it.

Anyone else remember the game involving England which was delayed by thunder & lightning?

Adrian Chiles was trying to hold it together and there was a classic moment when he accosted someone for an interview, who turned out not to be who he thought it was. It went something like this:

Chiles: I am now joined by the stadium manager who's going to tell us what happens next.

Man: I'm not the stadium manager.

Chiles: Er, well whoever you are, you're our man. What happens next>?

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

Trying again the following afternoon has been that way in international and European football for quite a while owing to complications of finding new dates and getting all the players together.

Yes, but I'd assumed they started from scratch again.  When did this picking up from where you left off lark, start?