Celebrity hypocisy thread

Jay-Z has long been an advocate for paternalist entrepreneurship as the solution to Black deprivation in USA. He popularised the phrase "buy up the block" to describe wealthy Black people investing back into the working class community they grew up in. He's also said that "capitalist" is now akin to the n-slur or monkey when applied to Black men like himself. Showing how defensive he is about skepticism of his ideas.

So what has his buying the block resulted in? Well his major investment so far into the Marcy Housing Project he grew up in has been to open a Bitcoin school there. That's it. A fucking Bitcoin school. To teach the adolescents there "bitcoin litetacy".

He's not so much a case of hypocrisy, I suppose. More an example of talking and delivering absolute shite while being lionised for it by sycophantic media.

31 minutes ago, scw1987 said:

On the other side of the scale you get the likes of Paul Heaton.  Well, you get Paul Heaton.  Shares out all the income equally to all band members, leaves money behind bars for fans to have a drink on him and keeps ticket prices at sensible levels.

Paul Heaton wrote "Perfect 10" and is therefore automatically one of the worst "human beings" to ever have existed. 

Is hypocrisy not an inherent human trait ? Everyone will have been guilty of it at some point at whatever level.

Most people in the public eye will have already compromised some of their beliefs in order to get where they are anyway, no point in stopping now.

Gillespie is c**t. Not surprised he's been caught out doing cunty things. He was described by Stevie Van Zant as a 'Junkie' and unable to tour america because of his habit. To sack someone for being drunk is not outrageous but considering the state of the c**t it's hypocrisy at it's height. I remember he did an interview where he tried to make out his secondary school was like war torn Beirut. He went to Mount Florida FFS.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Lewis Hamilton. 

Preaches about veganism and the climate, whilst flying all over the world, probably with a lot of private flying, to drive a car around a circuit. 

He's absolutely loaded as well, so doesn't need to be doing it to make a living. 

Hamilton despite happily and constantly waving and wearing the UJ, and singing GSTQ/K,

When he bought the private jet he flew to the Isle of Man to ensure he didn't pay tax on it and stuffed HMRC.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/06/lewis-hamilton-avoided-taxes-jet-isle-of-man-scheme-paradise-papers

image.png.666b60e8608ceb15d007512d61ef400f.png

Happy to wear and wave the flag, but pay into it. No thanks.

Edited by MEADOWXI

58 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I read this somewhere this morning. 

I have 1,000 mars bars in my fridge. My mate has 1. I persuade him to give his to a homeless person. This is how celebrity charity appeals work. 

Pretty much sums it up for me. 

Giving homeless people Mars Bars doesn’t solve anything.

20 minutes ago, Herc said:

Is hypocrisy not an inherent human trait ? Everyone will have been guilty of it at some point at whatever level.

Most people in the public eye will have already compromised some of their beliefs in order to get where they are anyway, no point in stopping now.

90% of Twitter is folk calling each other hypocrites. Often juxtaposing screenshots/tweets from someone to gotcha them for it.

I haven't actually decided if this is a good or bad thing yet. Its just really noticeable, that claiming hypocrisy scalps is highly prized on Twitter.

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

Bob Geldof and Bono surely? 

Didn't Bono and his band throw a wobbler when the Irish changed the tax laws which favoured Irish 'artists' and move it all to the Netherlands or somewhere?

Texas were another band that two (guitarist and drummer)were allegedly on a wage?

25 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Lionel Ritchie said he was going to party all night long but now attributes his youthful good looks, in part, to getting a good night's sleep. 

Scum

I used to live in a flat above Lionel Ritchie. Never got a wink's sleep.

46 minutes ago, Herc said:

True, it is a rare person who spends their whole life adhering to a set of principles in everything they do.  To err is human, the perfect is the enemy of the good etc.

But I think it's definitely worth pointing out that there are many people who build a persona out of their principles and then, when they aren't in the public eye, behave very poorly and against those principles.

I think one thing that's increasingly clear is that lots of people who succeed in entertainment, in whatever part of it, are often quite odd people and this, combined with the money, drugs and indulgences provided these people, often results in them being complete arseholes.  Quite a few people who I really liked back in the day are, looking back, clearly total dickheads.  Ian Brown is a good example, there's a man who doesn't have any real mates left to tell him that he's smoked too much weed and the vaccine isn't an implant and the Nazis weren't all gay.

45 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Hamilton despite happily and constantly waving and wearing the UJ, and singing GSTQ/K,

When he bought the private jet he flew to the Isle of Man to ensure he didn't pay tax on it and stuffed HMRC.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/06/lewis-hamilton-avoided-taxes-jet-isle-of-man-scheme-paradise-papers

image.png.666b60e8608ceb15d007512d61ef400f.png

Happy to wear and wave the flag, but pay into it. No thanks.

Hamilton is a fucking epic gammon baiter and so to me at least he's sound

I'm hypocritical about celebrity hypocrisy.  I moan when other people don't see the obvious hypocrisy in celebrities I don't like, while ignoring hypocrisy in celebrities I do like.

2 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

Didn't Bono and his band throw a wobbler when the Irish changed the tax laws which favoured Irish 'artists' and move it all to the Netherlands or somewhere?

Texas were another band that two (guitarist and drummer)were allegedly on a wage?

No doubt - they are both massive tax evaders who like to be seen doing their charitable deeds as if they give a f**k though. Geldoff being the worst as it’s not as though as it’s not as if his band were actually successful.