The Loch Ness Monster

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

4 distinctive noises heard in the latest search

However...

Alan McKenna, from volunteer research group Loch Ness Exploration, was on a boat using a hydrophone system to capture the underwater sounds of the Highlands loch.

He said when they were testing the system on Friday, they heard four distinctive "gloops".

"We all got a bit excited, ran to go make sure the recorder was on and it wasn't plugged in," he sheepishly admitted.

19 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

However...

16 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

"Observers on a boat using acoustic equipment reported four unidentified "gloops" but then realised their recording device wasn't plugged in."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-66633215

How inconvenient 🙄

Blatant lies from non believers just trying to ruin throbbers Sunday imo

14 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

How inconvenient 🙄

There was a TikTok person in the news a few days ago claiming to have found caves in a difficult place to find, but refused to say where they were in order to 'protect Nessie and her family'.

FWIW, as a caver, I saw the photos and saw little but undercuts in a stream (in an area where you can rule out any sizeable caves), but to the untrained eye I'd imagine that it could get some excited.  I'm still unsure whether she's in the 'little bit of knowledge is dangerous' or 'clearly at it for the followers/likes' category.

7 hours ago, throbber said:

Massive search of Loch Ness coming up this weekend. At the risk of sounding too optimistic I think they are going to find it and it will be the biggest new story ever in the world.

Hundreds join huge search for Loch Ness Monster https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-66614935

300 entrants to the Calling Cards of Morons thread right there.