The Loch Ness Monster

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As far PR stunts go in the days long before TripAdvisor etc etc, the owner of a (then) irrelevant backwater hotel claiming that she saw a 'beast' outside her establishment (harmless to those who stay on the land) has to be up there with the finest.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-22125981

Whatever happened to Morag (of Loch Morar) btw?

Anyone recommend somewhere half decent to kip for a night in the vincinity? I’m back home at the end of next month and the boy wants to go and see if he can see the Loch Ness Monster. We were planning a wee road trip up round that way anyway, now just need to get round to booking things.

On 13/06/2023 at 12:21, Bob in Denny said:

Is it? screen dump from a few weeks ago...note the plane moving towards Glasgow

chem.jpeg.2d3b4c9467d6a3b1b952818e525e7bc9.jpeg

Ever wonder how Google maps (among others) gets those high-quality 3D maps of the bigger cities, where you can even see pop-up buildings and stuff? They have planes with fancy schmancy cameras that collect 3D data, and they fly them over the ground they're trying to map in very regular grid patterns, then piece them together to make useful map data.

And what you're looking at here is the very normal-looking survey pattern of a Beechcraft 200 Super King aircraft that is chartered out by RVL Aviation to some company that wants that kind of map data for some reason. There's nothing even remotely suspicious about this image.

Edited by Aim Here

A couple of years ago, on the radio were a couple of people lobbying to have the Loch Ness Monster designated as Scotland's national animal. BBC Scotland had a radio phone in about it, including some bitter Tory woman, probably from Perthshire, saying it was a rotten idea. It would be a mockery of the country to have a fictional story creature as the national animal. 

The national animal of Scotland is the Unicorn. She wasn't best pleased when this was pointed out. 

5 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Ever wonder how Google maps (among others) gets those high-quality 3D maps of the bigger cities, where you can even see pop-up buildings and stuff? They have planes with fancy schmancy cameras that collect 3D data, and they fly them over the ground they're trying to map in very regular grid patterns, then piece them together to make useful map data.

And what you're looking at here is the very normal-looking survey pattern of a Beechcraft 200 Super King aircraft that is chartered out by RVL Aviation to some company that wants that kind of map data for some reason. There's nothing even remotely suspicious about this image.

I got this from my Virtual Radar Server 'live' map ...

it was a screen dump for a pal who lives in Inverclyde I just thought it would be relevant to the chemtrail post by someone in Glasgow....

Dunno if it is for OS or a continuation of the LIDAR mapping of Scotland which I'm sure has been completed, another plane was working to the N at the same time...

PS it was a joke....

On 12/06/2023 at 22:35, sophia said:

Nessie has been known to travel.

Here's her back in time visiting a Doctor who I forget their name in that there London

terror of the zygons 1.jpg

That was a behind the sofa moment in my house 🙈

This guy's been following monsters most of his life...

EcWiaTRXQAYhrNu.jpg

71vnpgKWE8L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• 2 months later...

Massive search of Loch Ness coming up this weekend. At the risk of sounding too optimistic I think they are going to find it and it will be the biggest new story ever in the world.

Hundreds join huge search for Loch Ness Monster https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-66614935

Edited by throbber

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

Massive search of Loch Ness coming up this weekend. At the risk of sounding too optimistic I think they are going to find it and it will be the biggest new story ever in the world.

Hundreds join huge search for Loch Ness Monster https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-66614935

On 10/06/2023 at 19:41, throbber said:

Of course there is no actual monster in there and it’s a myth that’s been going for hundreds of years and has become a tourist attraction in more recent times. If you’re going to observe activity on any large body of water like that you’re going to get some unexplainable activity.

When did VisitScotland get to you, throbber?