Breaking workplace rules

On 28/07/2023 at 00:24, Forest_Fifer said:

Nah mate, you should have binned the one they gave you and gone out and got the widest, most garish kipper tie that you could find. Something that even charity shops would reject.

Like this one -fish tie

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My dad used to have one just like that. He must have binned it, though. He had loads and loads of ties when he died but this wasn't among them. 

I used to have a pretty big collection of ties but nothing out of the ordinary other than a few Disney one's.  When I was a young 'un it was normal to wear a shirt and tie when out and about on a Saturday night.  I'm pretty sure it was required for getting into the 'Disco'.

I started a YTS at the council (Finance Dept) when I was 16, all the guys and a few of the ladies would always have a liquid lunch at the boozer.

On a Friday, they would send someone back to the office to clock everyone back in and just sit getting pished afternoon.

On a few times the Director would be sitting with everyone in the pub.

Happy days indeed.

I worked in a textile mill in the 80s and 90s - there were a few who had a liquid lunch but not that many considering there were a good few boozers within 5 minutes walk.  We didn't even have a rule on this although I'm pretty sure it was implied given the type of work.  

Edited by hk blues

Place I used to work had a few different offices in the city centre. We had flexi-time, but the core hours (when you had to be in the office) were rigidly enforced.

One day, during core hours, a bloke picked up a file and said that he was going away for a quick meeting. He appeared back about half an hour later with a haircut.  The boss couldn't speak for laughing. No action was taken.

31 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Place I used to work had a few different offices in the city centre. We had flexi-time, but the core hours (when you had to be in the office) were rigidly enforced.

One day, during core hours, a bloke picked up a file and said that he was going away for a quick meeting. He appeared back about half an hour later with a haircut.  The boss couldn't speak for laughing. No action was taken.

I read that as picked up a rifle and thought it was going in another direction.

• 4 weeks later...